Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only charging to 302 miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is #83xx. I had the same thought as you, wasn’t concerned until I read that others were starting off at +310.
After four months, 4000 miles, and a few range charges for long trips, I’m still at 304 - 305 miles max range. I was at the Indy Service Center Friday and asked about it. They weren't aware of any specific issue and didn’t offer any solutions, other than taking it to 10% to 100% a few times. FWIW, my experience in doing that with my S has never yielded any improvement.

I’m not really concerned, but I’m curious of where others are with this. Still love the car!

My first full charge just came in at 296. I actually have a ChargePoint charger provided by the electric company and that estimates I added 111 miles (I set it for Model 3). But the car reports just 97 miles added. So while that may not be accurate there is reason to suspect it is a software reporting issue and not an issue with the battery capacity. Either way I guess I'm not that worried. If it degrades too fast I have a shot at a warranty replacement before the 8 years is up. That would be pretty awesome.

Hah to update this thread I just found a service bulletin for cars built late August and early September 2018. Apparently there are some bad packs in there. But they told me I'd have to charge <30 to 90 for a few months. I guess I'll try it at this point since I haven't found many others so consistently 15 miles off.

I actually have a ChargePoint charger provided by the electric company and that estimates I added 111 miles (I set it for Model 3). But the car reports just 97 miles added. So while that may not be accurate

I can assure you that Chargepoint's numbers for how many miles added per kWh AC are not accurate - if they were, and they had made any effort, they would have different selections available for AWD, LR RWD, SR+, and MR, etc (each of these variants adds a different number of miles per kWh, AC (and kWh, DC for that matter)). That's the reason that number doesn't align (it has nothing to do with your car or your maximum available rated miles issue).