Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only front camera is being recorded to USB drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a while since I pulled my USB drive from my LR RWD Model 3 but for the fun of it I decided to check what was recorded on it this afternoon. I got the standard USB corrupted message that I always get from my computer and like always I let Microsoft repair the drive. What is different however is that after it was repaired the only records available were from the front camera? I'm on firmware 16.2. Do I need to add another folder or something to have the other cameras record?

Hmm. Are the RecentClips of recent date or old? I've read on here that drives can fail and stop recording but keep recorded material write protected. Do said you didn't have any SavedClips videos but do you have a SavedClips folder? Maybe the connection from the repeaters to TeslaCam has failed in someway in which case I think a Service Center visit needs to be scheduled. I think if you schedule it on your phone app you might be able to or be asked to send a image of your files on the drive to illustrate if need be and maybe they can check logs before having you come in. This does sound like a new one to me though.

To me it seems to be more people with formatting/corruption issues with their TeslaCam USB drives who are Windows users than those on other platforms.