TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Only me or are other getting constant errors?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by BestRadar, May 12, 2017.

1. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Every few times I start the car I get error messages that some functions are not working. Today was a record and I got the most errors I have ever seen:

Tesla-Errors.jpg

After I reached my destination for 15-20 minutes I get in the car and it starts again this time with no errors. I can go several days and it will error again with a few issues but never seen as many as I seen before. Last time I called service they said they checked my car and everything was good and it might be a fluke.. But atleast one a week this is happening and its starting to get annoying.

2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Doesn't seem normal to me. In 20k miles of Tesla driving I've been ever seen alerts like that. Not even momentarily.

I think the service response is valid if it only happens once, but this is clearly not the case. I would escalate it again with service.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

have you considered calling the mothership for assistance?
    they will be able to check your logs and either fix it OTA or get service out to you.

4. scottm

scottm Active Member

With that array of errors, I'd suspect a 12v battery / DC-to-DC converter / or grounding issues with some main modules.

• Helpful x 1
  5. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I am behind a few updates so I was hoping to get the latest update and see if it makes anything better but so far nothing. It goes away and comes back but it takes around a week so its random and the items that fail are always different. Last week it was the following:

tesla-last-week.jpg

6. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Don't wait for new software...this behavior is not normal. You really should call Tesla tech support and have them sort it out. They can figure out a fair amount remotely.

Good luck!

Bruce.

7. Stiction

Stiction Member

Agreed, not normal!
    (Um...I assume you have done full reboot? you don't mention it...)

8. Zetopan

Zetopan Member

Do a full reboot and if the problems persist, get to a Tesla Service center *REAL SOON* because you vehicle is royally messed up and it could leave you stranded or worse.

9. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Definitely not normal, and is symptomatic of a possible broken ground stud. Get the vehicle into service.

10. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I bet it is a flaky ground connection. Get that fixed soon.