Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only me or are other getting constant errors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every few times I start the car I get error messages that some functions are not working. Today was a record and I got the most errors I have ever seen:

Tesla-Errors.jpg

After I reached my destination for 15-20 minutes I get in the car and it starts again this time with no errors. I can go several days and it will error again with a few issues but never seen as many as I seen before. Last time I called service they said they checked my car and everything was good and it might be a fluke.. But atleast one a week this is happening and its starting to get annoying.

Doesn't seem normal to me. In 20k miles of Tesla driving I've been ever seen alerts like that. Not even momentarily.

I think the service response is valid if it only happens once, but this is clearly not the case. I would escalate it again with service.

have you considered calling the mothership for assistance?
they will be able to check your logs and either fix it OTA or get service out to you.

I am behind a few updates so I was hoping to get the latest update and see if it makes anything better but so far nothing. It goes away and comes back but it takes around a week so its random and the items that fail are always different. Last week it was the following:

tesla-last-week.jpg

Every few times I start the car I get error messages that some functions are not working. Today was a record and I got the most errors I have ever seen:

View attachment 226638

After I reached my destination for 15-20 minutes I get in the car and it starts again this time with no errors. I can go several days and it will error again with a few issues but never seen as many as I seen before. Last time I called service they said they checked my car and everything was good and it might be a fluke.. But atleast one a week this is happening and its starting to get annoying.

Hello,
I am a new model S 75D owner, it has been a month now, But I have got exact same error signs and have been to service center last week, telling me that 12v battery’s voltage level is low and the center replaced for free. However, THIS MORNING, MY CAR WOULDN’T START BUT DISPLAYING SIMIAR ERROR SIGNS AGAIN !!!
Now I would like to know what was the reason for your car’s trouble?
It would be really helpful if you can share with me what the service center did to fix yours....!

After 10 weeks of total time in service and several modules changed the problem seems to be better. I still have the screen freeze and reboot on me 1-2 times a week.

That certainly worries me. I suppose they didn’t find clear cut cause of the problem? Perhaphs that is why it took that long...?
I am so concerned because my car is practically a month old with very little milege on it. And clearly they have failed identifying the problem at first place. I suppose i got a $100,000 lemon?

That certainly worries me. I suppose they didn’t find clear cut cause of the problem? Perhaphs that is why it took that long...?
I am so concerned because my car is practically a month old with very little milege on it. And clearly they have failed identifying the problem at first place. I suppose i got a $100,000 lemon?

It will take a while and a lot of trial and error but they will eventually figure it out. Mine was in 3 times at over 8 weeks total for them to figure it out.

I bet it is a flaky ground connection. Get that fixed soon.

After 10 weeks of total time in service and several modules changed the problem seems to be better. I still have the screen freeze and reboot on me 1-2 times a week.

It will take a while and a lot of trial and error but they will eventually figure it out. Mine was in 3 times at over 8 weeks total for them to figure it out.

As several have commented, flaky behavior like this is highly suggestive of a bad ground. But service for all different kinds of vehicles typically have trouble finding them. In fact, BMW went thru about 3 years 5 series (think it was 2003-2006) where something like 1% off all 5 series worldwide had a bad grounding rod. Its a very difficult thing to prove and to fix; but when it happens you get a whole litany of errors such as the OP.