Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only Model 3 with front and rear lighted Ts and lighted rear applique

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, with the assistance of Jurgen Balitzky, I installed a modified version of Jurgen's Gen IV Model S lighted rear applique (which I modified myself) which also wires to Jurgen's front and rear lighted Ts. The effect is amazing. For example, there's a charge mode that lights the applique and both Ts in green. Below are a few photos in daylight of the applique and front and rear Ts (BTW, when I installed the front T I removed the stock OEM T on the frunk lid). I'll post some more photos when it gets dark of all of this in operation. This is the first and only installation of the front and rear Ts and the Gen IV applique on a Model 3.

IMG_0465.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

Looks cool. Those light up when charging or it can be connected to brake wire to turn on during braking?

There’s a Bluetooth app that controls all of the effects. One of those ts charge mode, but there are three more: Tesla fade to S (white), disco (random colors that change rapidly), and Cylon/Kitt (red). When the car is in drive and the brakes applied, everything on the rear lights red. And the Tesla letters flash in sequence with the turn signals (in red as well). At night or whenever the headlights are on, the front lights white and everything on the rear, red. All of the special effects only work when the car is parked (to comply with the laws). Jurgen is also working on having it switch automatically to charge mode whenever the car is plugged in. The colors can also be changed to whatever one wants (only when the car is parked). There’s a rainbow of color choices.

Here's a video that shows all of the special effects on my Model S. The 3 does the same and also lights the rear and front Ts. I'll be swapping out the applique and front and rear Ts on my Model S so I can have all of the features on my Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
@artsci Do you own Evannex? Or did they borrow your idea?

No, but i’ve collaborated with them in development and production of the lighted Ts. For example, i’m now working on a new approach to the rear T for model 3. It will be a front lit COB led array that should be much less expensive and more reliable than the current side-lit version. Expect to have the beta in a few days.

Also Hank is making changes to the Bluetooth app that will provide some interesting effects like a Christmas array in red and green, and a red, white, and blue array. I think these will only work with Jurgen’s GenIV controller and letterboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Akikiki
No, but i’ve collaborated with them in development and production of the lighted Ts. For example, i’m now working on a new approach to the rear T for model 3. It will be a front lit COB led array that should be much less expensive and more reliable than the current side-lit version. Expect to have the beta in a few days.

Also Hank is making changes to the Bluetooth app that will provide some interesting effects like a Christmas array in red and green, and a red, white, and blue array. I think these will only work with Jurgen’s GenIV controller and letterboard.
Will the T be slimmer?

Do you sell?