Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only one forward facing camera on 2020 Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does my 2020 Model X have only one forward-facing camera above the rear view mirror? The owners manual shows three cameras. I'm wondering if's because my car came with radar. But I have FSD Beta, which I understand disables the radar. I don't understand how the single forward camera can assess distance from objects ahead.

Why does my 2020 Model X have only one forward-facing camera above the rear view mirror? The owners manual shows three cameras. I'm wondering if's because my car came with radar. But I have FSD Beta, which I understand disables the radar. I don't understand how the single forward camera can assess distance from objects ahead.
Why do you think there is only one? Tesla has had three forward facing cameras for years, I had three on my 2018.

Upvote 0
All cars built from the middle of October 2016 and beyond have AP2 hardware, that includes the forward facing triple camera, one camera on each fender, and one camera on each side between the front and back doors. In addition, of course, also the rear camera.
Do you have the side cameras on the B pillar between the front and back doors?

Upvote 0
All cars built from the middle of October 2016 and beyond have AP2 hardware, that includes the forward facing triple camera, one camera on each fender, and one camera on each side between the front and back doors. In addition, of course, also the rear camera.
Do you have the side cameras on the B pillar between the front and back doors?
I have the side cameras, the fender cameras, and the rear camera - 5 altogether. Here's a photo of the front camera.

Upvote 0