Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only one service appointment at a time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davezforce

IG @davezforce
Jan 18, 2017
NJ
Listings
Can you only schedule one service applied at a time? I currently have a aug 6 mobile service appointment for interior panels being swapped out due to the wrong color upon delivery, and just installed 22” referral rims (ordered with 20’s) and I’m told I need a suspension firmware update from Tesla to make the suspension work properly with the bigger rims. But the mobile app won’t let me make another appointment. Do I have to wait till after to schedule another?

Can you only schedule one service applied at a time? I currently have a aug 6 mobile service appointment for interior panels being swapped out due to the wrong color upon delivery, and just installed 22” referral rims (ordered with 20’s) and I’m told I need a suspension firmware update from Tesla to make the suspension work properly with the bigger rims. But the mobile app won’t let me make another appointment. Do I have to wait till after to schedule another?

I was able to schedule multiple appointments.. I did one through the App (mobile service), and then one through the website (which let me do a service center appointment since it was a week earlier than the mobile)... I ended up only needing the service center when I got there, so, they were able to cancel the mobile one - but they also scheduled a follow up service center appointment, so I had two SC appointments showing at the same time (as I was early).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I was able to schedule multiple appointments.. I did one through the App (mobile service), and then one through the website (which let me do a service center appointment since it was a week earlier than the mobile)... I ended up only needing the service center when I got there, so, they were able to cancel the mobile one - but they also scheduled a follow up service center appointment, so I had two SC appointments showing at the same time (as I was early).

It looks like it's back to only one appointment. I cannot find any way to schedule a second one on the web.

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
Did anyone figure out a way to schedule multiple service appointments? I took delivery yesterday, looked it over (still within first 24 hrs), and then wanted to submit several requests only to find out I could seemingly only submit one. It doesn't look you can schedule a service appt from any other location other than the mobile app.

Did anyone figure out a way to schedule multiple service appointments? I took delivery yesterday, looked it over (still within first 24 hrs), and then wanted to submit several requests only to find out I could seemingly only submit one. It doesn't look you can schedule a service appt from any other location other than the mobile app.

There is no reason you can’t go back in and add additional items to your existing ticket. You can “modify” an existing request.

FYI for anyone here because they google-searched for the same issue - if you call your local SC and reach the IVR, once you go to Service and they confirm your existing appointment there's a prompt to connect to the SC directly. I talked to someone (shocker!) and they added a Homelink install second appt ahead of my SC visit weeks later. Both show up on my app now.

FYI for anyone here because they google-searched for the same issue - if you call your local SC and reach the IVR, once you go to Service and they confirm your existing appointment there's a prompt to connect to the SC directly. I talked to someone (shocker!) and they added a Homelink install second appt ahead of my SC visit weeks later. Both show up on my app now.
You can also edit the appointment in the mobile app and add to it. In my experience, when you create an appointment in the mobile app, the chat goes through the mobile app and works great, but when Tesla schedules the appointment for you, the chat goes through texting and good luck.

You can also edit the appointment in the mobile app and add to it. In my experience, when you create an appointment in the mobile app, the chat goes through the mobile app and works great, but when Tesla schedules the appointment for you, the chat goes through texting and good luck.
My concern with that was that they would just add a mobile-service issue like Homelink to the on-site visit, which is days/weeks later. Their availabilities are different. I actually had Homelink included in the initial service request but they pulled it out and said to start another appointment after I got the Homelink unit sent to me.

Regarding texting effectiveness, it's been ok - I added a concern through phone texting and they did add it to the service request. But then I asked about Homelink through the same text chain and no response. So like anything Tesla, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My concern with that was that they would just add a mobile-service issue like Homelink to the on-site visit, which is days/weeks later. Their availabilities are different. I actually had Homelink included in the initial service request but they pulled it out and said to start another appointment after I got the Homelink unit sent to me.
I see your point, but I would be really surprised if you could get a mobile-service visit scheduled sooner than a previously scheduled on-site visit. In my experience, mobile service is more backed up, but great for things you can wait on. However, if I had an on-site visit scheduled, I would find it more convenient to have additional services performed at that time as opposed to during a later mobile-service visit. That having been said, it is cool that you were actually able to get a person and get the mobile-service visit earlier, two things I haven't achieved since the layoffs in early 2018.

Reactions: JohnnyMa
I see your point, but I would be really surprised if you could get a mobile-service visit scheduled sooner than a previously scheduled on-site visit. In my experience, mobile service is more backed up, but great for things you can wait on. However, if I had an on-site visit scheduled, I would find it more convenient to have additional services performed at that time as opposed to during a later mobile-service visit. That having been said, it is cool that you were actually able to get a person and get the mobile-service visit earlier, two things I haven't achieved since the layoffs in early 2018.
Weird - I must have gotten lucky. Maybe they have dedicated Homelink install technicians? Definitely if the mobile was scheduled to be later than the in-person, I'd just have them do it all at once.

Reactions: mxnym