Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only one TPMS sensor update frequently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of 4 TPMS sensors in the tire seems to update more frequently than other 3 sensors according to TESLA mobile app. Is it normal? That tire had a puncture and repaired if that is relevant...

Attachments

• Tire TPMS.jpg
    Tire TPMS.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 279
Only 1 tire pressure is immediately updated upon checking using the app whereas other 3 tires show the tire pressure last updated after driving.

1 tire “a minute ago”
3 tires “12 hours ago”

Its a brand new tire no issue with leaking. The tire valve is good too.

Attachments

• 4A9E4542-E802-4079-AD42-5153C512D398.jpeg
    4A9E4542-E802-4079-AD42-5153C512D398.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 103
thanks for your reply. The vehicle itself also shows 1 tpms is updated immediately, while 3 others are not. I was worried that the tire was leaking after patching. Since I put a new tire, I am now curious why only one TPMS is immediately updated that happened to be a new tire. Just coincidence?

That is very strange. It's working... so it would be hard to say that one is defective. It just is too much of coincidence that the one that got a patch, is the only sensor reporting.

I'm still not up to speed on how the new software works (Just got my 2nd Tesla a few days ago after a long hiatus) but is there a TPMS reset function available still? That should query all 4 sensors while driving and get everything synced up.

That is very strange. It's working... so it would be hard to say that one is defective. It just is too much of coincidence that the one that got a patch, is the only sensor reporting.

I'm still not up to speed on how the new software works (Just got my 2nd Tesla a few days ago after a long hiatus) but is there a TPMS reset function available still? That should query all 4 sensors while driving and get everything synced up.
No reset function. The TPMS sensors on the Model Y re-calibrate to their new wheel locations shortly after you rotate the tires.

Thanks everyone. For now, I will leave it as is. I am bit concerned about battery drain on that particular TPMS but I will ask a technician when I am due for tire rotations. In any event, I will update if anything changes.