TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Only Tranmere doing seat swaps in GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, May 19, 2015.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I was contacted by Tesla a few days ago about coming in to swap to NG seats. I live in Scarborough but they said that the swap will be done at Tranmere. I wonder if this is just the luck of the draw or are they only doing the seat swaps at Tranmere?

2. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Don't know...I haven't been contacted yet...anyone else?

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

I would be surprised if I am the first since I wasn't the first to get a P85D - my delivery date was around Jan 4.

4. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

I had mine done at Lawrence, wish it was Mississauga as that is a lot closer for me

5. sundoc

sundoc Member

I'm still waiting on my rears to come in...

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

I am wondering if it is worth getting the rear NG seats since I hear that they don't fold down flat.

7. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Had mine installed a week ago. They don't fold completely flat, but I'm not sure that I can think of a realistic circumstance where it's any less useful than with the old seats. There's still a ton of room there, and it's not like people are going to be using a Tesla for hauling sheets of plywood.

The front and back seats look great and are the most comfortable car seats that I've ever had. They look completely appropriate for the vehicle, whereas the old ones were a bit less than I would have expected.

There's one thing that puzzles me. If they decided to go ahead with all-new seat designs, why didn't they design in a flip down center armrest/cupholder into the rear seat while they were at it?

8. wayner

wayner Active Member

Thanks - I have a 6.5 year old daughter who is in a booster seat and I do have a bit of an issue today doing up the seat belt as you have to push the seat up as the seat belt is behind part of the seat. Any feeling on whether this is better or worse in the NG seats? I am guessing it might be worse if they have more bolstering as they seat will then have to be positioned closer to the centre.

9. swrving

swrving Member

I have NG seats and can say that the buckle is behind the booster, so definitely no better, can't compare to the original seats to say if it's worse or not.

10. Judge Advocate

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My guess is just availability at this point. They're probably using all they can make for retrofits right now.