TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Onscreen Checklist

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PianoAl, Nov 22, 2020 at 10:56 AM.

1. PianoAl

PianoAl Member

I pretty much don't leave the house without consulting a checklist. When going surfing, for example, it would be bad if I drove for an hour and realized I'd forgotten my wetsuit. Here's what my onscreen checklist looks like:

20201121_073640.jpg

I can't actually check the boxes, it's just an image that I uploaded. I could use keep.google.com, but then, for convenience, I'd need to stay logged in (bad idea?). Also, when using Google Keep the checklist boxes are very small.

Better ideas(?):

Maybe I could create a separate Google account just for the car?

Are there any free online checklist apps (I've done some searching, but haven't found anything just right)?

2. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

Haven't logged in a while but iCloud worked.

IMG_0580.JPG

3. UncertainTimes

Seems like using your phone would be faster and easier.

• Like x 3
  4. Fernand

Fernand Active Member

#4 Fernand, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:50 PM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 5:59 PM
    Phone? How ... luddite :)

5. PianoAl

PianoAl Member

I would have to remove it from my pocket!

6. UncertainTimes

That does seem onerous

• Funny x 1
  7. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

8. RayK

RayK Active Member

#8 RayK, Nov 24, 2020 at 11:44 AM
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020 at 11:54 AM
    If it were me, I'd create a simple web page using a <table> and series of <input type=checkbox> HTML tags and FTP it to my web domain, like this:

My checklist

Using straight HTML you can change the size of the text (<h1> tag) but I don't think you can't enlarge the actual checkbox size without resorting to CSS. Can't get too much more geeky than this....

edit: Had to change the default text color from black to red since my car's background is black. You can also click on the text instead of the checkbox to register your choice.

9. PianoAl

PianoAl Member

Ah, yeah, that's better. I'll implement something like that. Thanks.

10. PianoAl

PianoAl Member

Believe it or not, today the display caught me forgetting my phone. Wife was in the car, so it locked to her phone, and I didn't realize till I went through the list that mine was in the house.

Also, if I leave the checklist up when I leave the car, it's there when I get in again.