Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Onscreen Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pretty much don't leave the house without consulting a checklist. When going surfing, for example, it would be bad if I drove for an hour and realized I'd forgotten my wetsuit. Here's what my onscreen checklist looks like:

20201121_073640.jpg

I can't actually check the boxes, it's just an image that I uploaded. I could use keep.google.com, but then, for convenience, I'd need to stay logged in (bad idea?). Also, when using Google Keep the checklist boxes are very small.

Better ideas(?):

Maybe I could create a separate Google account just for the car?

Are there any free online checklist apps (I've done some searching, but haven't found anything just right)?

If it were me, I'd create a simple web page using a <table> and series of <input type=checkbox> HTML tags and FTP it to my web domain, like this:

My checklist

Using straight HTML you can change the size of the text (<h1> tag) but I don't think you can't enlarge the actual checkbox size without resorting to CSS. Can't get too much more geeky than this....

edit: Had to change the default text color from black to red since my car's background is black. You can also click on the text instead of the checkbox to register your choice.

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd create a simple web page using a <table> and series of <input type=checkbox> HTML tags and FTP it to my web domain, like this:

My checklist

Using straight HTML you can change the size of the text (<h1> tag) but I don't think you can't enlarge the actual checkbox size without resorting to CSS. Can't get too much more geeky than this....

edit: Had to change the default text color from black to red since my car's background is black. You can also click on the text instead of the checkbox to register your choice.

Ah, yeah, that's better. I'll implement something like that. Thanks.

Believe it or not, today the display caught me forgetting my phone. Wife was in the car, so it locked to her phone, and I didn't realize till I went through the list that mine was in the house.

Also, if I leave the checklist up when I leave the car, it's there when I get in again.