Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario 407 - V10 horrible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use autopilot much since I rarely drive the hwy's for long distances but I used it today with subpar results. I found on the 407 the car bouncing in the lane a lot. Also my 2 lane changes aborted for no reason flinging the car over. I also found the lines on the screen changing from dashed to solid. I think this is because of the tar line that also goes right along the lane markers. Autopilot seems to have a very difficult time picking up the lines on the 407. Anybody else experience this? I've had this happen a few times before on older versions on the 407 but it seems more prominent now.

I don't use autopilot much since I rarely drive the hwy's for long distances but I used it today with subpar results. I found on the 407 the car bouncing in the lane a lot. Also my 2 lane changes aborted for no reason flinging the car over. I also found the lines on the screen changing from dashed to solid. I think this is because of the tar line that also goes right along the lane markers. Autopilot seems to have a very difficult time picking up the lines on the 407. Anybody else experience this? I've had this happen a few times before on older versions on the 407 but it seems more prominent now.

I use the 407 extensively and have not had any problems with NOA. It smoothly changes lanes as needed including spots where I could barely see the lines.

V10 has been a major improvement in terms of how smooth it is so now it is even better

EDIT: Not NOW rather NOA

Yup, same experience. I found V10 to be a regression in Autopilot on 407. It was better in the previous version. Hoping it will improve soon. This is with AP 2.0.

It is most likely that if you haven't used V10 AP much it is still in its calibration phase. Big changes in their net need to re-calibrate the car it seems, which takes some km's. It will settle down after a bit and then be amazingly good.

I drove 407 twice on V10 and it is rock solid.

It is most likely that if you haven't used V10 AP much it is still in its calibration phase. Big changes in their net need to re-calibrate the car it seems, which takes some km's. It will settle down after a bit and then be amazingly good.

I drove 407 twice on V10 and it is rock solid.
Hmmm good point. I only experienced the regression yesterday when I drove on the 407 for the first time since V10 update.

Hmmm good point. I only experienced the regression yesterday when I drove on the 407 for the first time since V10 update.
Had V10 for a couple of days & it has been great on 410 & QEW east ( it doesn't know the speed limit is now 110km E of Hamilton )
Love having Spotify finally too...

Used NOA this morning on Hwy 400 to 407 to 427 and exit to airport. Only a minor hick-up during the ramp from the 407 to the 427 due to the construction just before it enters 427. I do wish lane changes were more aggressive, seems to take a long time.

I have found that my car (AP1) bounces around a lot on the 407 when I am in the "grooved" lanes. Let's say I am driving W/B on 407 from 404 to 427, the left two lanes are NOT grooved and AP1 drives perfectly. Move over into the centre lane and I'm bouncing back and forth in the lane like a ping pong ball. So, when I drive on the 407 using Autopilot I generally drive in the lane second from the left.

Reactions: Shaz
Yeah it's especially bad when the sun is at its brightest on the concrete stretches of the 407. There's so much glare on the road that the car sometimes can't see the lanes and drops out of Autopilot with the red hands warning. This was with v9 though. I haven't been on the 407 yet with v10.

Did the drive to Niagara along the qew the other day, v10 was much smoother then before, no Phantom breaking and it slowed down super smooth when someone cut in front,

I also drove to Niagara today, which was my first longish drive with AP since getting V10 as I was out of province last week. I came home with a big smile to tell the wife I finally "didn't yell at the car, not even once!". Yes it was smooth, no phantom braking and what used to irk me the most - no superfluous braking before making a lane change.
Here's hoping I replicate tomorrow in London!

To me on more than one occasion it cancelled lane changes for no reason whatsoever, it's waaaaaay too cautions and slow. Also, on DVP this morning it started to fixate itself on cars on the right lane (cars turned dark grey), braking for no reason, forcing me to take over. At one point it got so confused (fixating on right lane cars on and off) that it freaked out and forced me to take over (red steering wheel flashing). Honestly, so far I don't see any improvements in Autopilot besides smoother braking for cars entering the lane in front and more natural acceleration in stop and go traffic. Lane changes need A LOT of work.

To me on more than one occasion it cancelled lane changes for no reason whatsoever, it's waaaaaay too cautions and slow. Also, on DVP this morning it started to fixate itself on cars on the right lane (cars turned dark grey), braking for no reason, forcing me to take over. At one point it got so confused (fixating on right lane cars on and off) that it freaked out and forced me to take over (red steering wheel flashing). Honestly, so far I don't see any improvements in Autopilot besides smoother braking for cars entering the lane in front and more natural acceleration in stop and go traffic. Lane changes need A LOT of work.

This is a map issue - the map data is telling AP that there is a merging lane on your right and that's why it's starting following cars in that right lane (to allow them to merge). Same has started happening to me since the latest maps update even with v9 and continues with v10.

Another annoying map issue is at the beginning of HOV lane at 404 NB. After the latest maps update, NoA keeps turning on the left blinker wanting me to change lane to the left even though I'm already in the most left lane (confusing following me cars). It does not start the lane change just because there is a solid lane on the left that it cannot cross. Before the maps update the NoA was perfectly fine moving me from DVP into HOV lane on 404. Not anymore. They need to fix maps.

• Helpful
Reactions: BBone
Hmm...how do you know when there's a map update?
Another weird issue happened to me at the end of the 404 HOV lane going southbound, where you have to merge right to go on DVP, the car automatically merged into the newly formed lane, only to abruptly cancel the maneuver immediately. I was not in NOA, only on Autopilot. This never happened before, it was like it completely messed up reading the lane markings.