Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario - Charger Install / ESA Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a 200a upgrade today, along with the installation of the Tesla Wall Charger.

I was out while the work was done - but it looks great (although for the $ it should do! )

Question - There is an ESA sticker on the outside of the tesla charger. With a serial number of 008.
Would that have been put on by the ESA inspector - or do they all have those stickers on them (i didn't open the box when I picked it up).

Also - the electrician didn't leave a copy of the ESA inspection report (so I can use it for the rebate). Would ESA mail those out - or should I chase the electrician to get a copy?

thanks

Previously I have similar stickers applied by the inspector -- I haven't done my HPWC inspection yet so can't be sure what they do for chargers. I believe whoever took out the permit will need to contact ESA to get the report (but they might also mail it). If you had an electrician do the work, they should be responsible for getting you the report.

Had a 200a upgrade today, along with the installation of the Tesla Wall Charger.

I was out while the work was done - but it looks great (although for the $ it should do! )

Question - There is an ESA sticker on the outside of the tesla charger. With a serial number of 008.
Would that have been put on by the ESA inspector - or do they all have those stickers on them (i didn't open the box when I picked it up).

Also - the electrician didn't leave a copy of the ESA inspection report (so I can use it for the rebate). Would ESA mail those out - or should I chase the electrician to get a copy?

thanks

The ESA inspection isn't done by the electrician. It could be that the inspection was waved by the ESA because the company has a good record, but you may want to call them and check it out.

You absolutely should be getting a certificate of inspection.

Attachments

• ESACert.png
    ESACert.png
    256 KB · Views: 704