TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ontario cuts budget for EV infrastructure and incentives

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Doug_G, Apr 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Addendum to the 2012 Ontario Budget: Report on Expense Management Measures

Not clear what the impact will be, but no doubt this means fewer charging stations installed.

2. agileone

agileone CDN P#40

This is bound to happen all over the places, and it could slow down Ev adoption.

I know it was part of my decision to go ahead with this purchase at this point... You don't get a 8000$ break from the government too often.

For once, our monopoly seems to be a good thing : Charging-in-Quebec-Canada
    We might be in good shape before the hatchet comes out ...

3. Local host

Local host Member

#3 Local host, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    I had taken notice of this when the Ontario budget was released. I have a reservation for a Model X and am concerned that the EV purchase incentive of $8500 will be cancelled by the time Tesla is ready to sell me mine.

Hopefully the program won't be completely unfunded by 2014.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Hans pointed out that the "lower-than-expected uptake" argument is just plain silly considering that EVs have only been available in Ontario very recently.

5. bint2k

bint2k Member

Ontario only now is starting to put in infrastructure to support these cars - how else would there be any uptake