Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Delivery Phone Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so can you contact scotiabank or RBC for HELOC for auto loan? Since for me scotiabank told that the auto loan should be through a dealer , they cannot give it to an individual

HELOC is a Home Equity Line of Credit. You can arrange it with any bank that offers mortgages and often it is easiest to arrange with your current mortgage company. You can often get approved for the difference between the appraised value of your home x .80 and the current principal you owe. You do not need to tell them what you are using the money for, when you need it, or how much you will be using.

• Informative
Reactions: vidya_sagar
HELOC is a Home Equity Line of Credit. You can arrange it with any bank that offers mortgages and often it is easiest to arrange with your current mortgage company. You can often get approved for the difference between the appraised value of your home x .80 and the current principal you owe. You do not need to tell them what you are using the money for, when you need it, or how much you will be using.

Thanks, very good info you have given. I will talk to my current mortgage company (Scotiabank).

Thanks, very good info you have given. I will talk to my current mortgage company (Scotiabank).
Also keep in mind, the HELOC rates are susceptible to changes in prime interest rates. So if BoC raises rates again this year or ever, the HELOC rates will increase as well. With Tesla financing, you are locked into that rate they give you. Food for thought.

Also keep in mind, the HELOC rates are susceptible to changes in prime interest rates. So if BoC raises rates again this year or ever, the HELOC rates will increase as well. With Tesla financing, you are locked into that rate they give you. Food for thought.

Thanks Tony,

After I calculated how much I can get from HELOC, I pushed the button on Tesla financing. Just now.

All my steps in tesla account showing completed and soon I may receive the docs to sign. I am doing everything possible to get my delivery fast.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
June 1st is when the international centre will be opened. So any deliveries before then will be handled at the store locations.

Did you get those options (international Centre or actual store location) when you configured? Because when I configured I only had the Lawrence location or the Oakville location to choose from. Congrats on your order btw. I configured April 29. Got my VIN. Just waiting for the call.

Re Heloc - that depends. I locked in my CPO Sig into a 5 year term at 2.69% three years ago. I may consider doing the same with the 3 based on mortgage renewal rates (around 3.5% maybe), but then lump sum repayments are treated like a mortgage (10% a year with TD).

All in all, 3.9% isn't bad for a car loan that's not subsidized by a manufacturer.

Reactions: vidya_sagar