TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ontario EHVIP - Status of your rebate

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Blu-Ion, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

Starting a thread for people to post the status of their rebate applications. Please post:

Delivery Date:
    Rebate Application Submission Date:
    Rebate Payment Date:

Also post any relevant information you may receive from rebate administrators

My info:
    Delivery Date: June 7, 2018
    Rebate Application Submission Date: June 8, 2018
    Rebate Payment Date: ??

Also, I only received the automated response:
    "Hello,

Your email to the Electric Vehicle Incentive Program has been received.

Should you require a response, you will be contacted within 1 business day......"

Anybody get more correspondence?

2. Insilin

Insilin Member

Delivery Date: May 31, 2018
    Rebate Application Submission Date: May 31, 2018

Other than the email I haven't heard anything back just yet. I remember someone mentioning on here that they were going through April rebates a couple weeks ago. I think we're getting closer to getting ours.

3. Veedio

Veedio Member

I took delivery on June 5th and filed that night. Received the auto response and also confirmed that they received both claims (car and charger). No $ so far.

Delivery Date: June 5
    Rebate Application Submission Date: June 5

4. Jctin

Jctin Member

Delivery date : June 23
    Rebate Application : June 23

5. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Already a thread about this, it'll likely take minimum 3-5months is my guess. Just wait for a surprise 14,000 in your bank account as they ask for a void cheque.

6. Starvin

Starvin Member

Delivery Date: June 4
    Rebate Application Submission Date: June 4

All I've gotten was the automated email after I submitted it. I really don't understand why it takes so long to process these applications. Isn't it someone's dedicated job?

• Helpful x 1
  7. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

This was joked on before... If it was your job to push these papers, and the new boss has promised to end the funding (your departments budgets). Would you work super fast and hard to get it all done or let it run over so you keep your job longer? Civil servants are there for life; they can poison entire water systems and get slaps on the wrist (Flint MI). So... yeah... it'll be a while. They want as much interest as possible out of that lump sum of money while they do their "Value for Dollar" audits aka stall and stall until people forget we have this money.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  8. McFlurri

McFlurri Member

Submitted May 24th. Was told to expect it sometime in August.

• Informative x 1
  9. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Two theory here, after rebate ending

1. They need process all remaining applications ASAP so they could dismiss that department

2. Ppl working in that department want to delay all applications so they can keep their job longer.

• Funny x 1
  10. MrShakeHands

MrShakeHands Member

Rebate Application Submission Date: April 24th 2018
    Rebate Payment Date: still waiting.

I’ve followed up twice(don’t want to bug them too much), application has been received, still working on older applications I’m told.

• Informative x 1
  11. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Is it one person doing all the work? That's insane how much time it takes.

12. cohste

cohste Member

Delivery Date: June 6, 2018
    Rebate Application Submission Date: June 7, 2018

13. TOFLYIN

TOFLYIN Member

Why we will have to wait a long time to get our rebates........
    What we know... Q1 2018 there were 2244 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario (389 non eligible S, X, Porches, I8 & 740E). In Q2 estimates are 4808 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario. I don't think there were a lot sold between July 1 and 11, either way we have enough for a couple of calculations.

Total Jan 1 - Jun 30 2018 = 7052 eligible vehicles. Assuming rebate office has 3 staff working on rebates (probably plus 1 supervisor and 1 admin), and assuming each staff working of rebates can process 1 per hour (who knows how motivated they are now!), that means that they can process 24 (3 x 8) per day x 5 days a week =120 per week or 58.7 weeks to process all applications. I applied on June 22nd. If I receive my before July 2019 I will be pleasantly surprised. I was going to subtract vacation and sick time from the calculation but I think I have depressed you enough already.

• Funny x 2
  14. cohste

cohste Member

please re-do the calculation based on my assumptions...... 3 supervisors, 2 admin, 1 worker.....

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  15. TOFLYIN

TOFLYIN Member

Good catch! 3 1/3 years!

• Love x 1
  16. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

Let's not forget that the worker is probably on leave, on their 8 week summer vacation or using some of the 46 sick days.

• Like x 1
  17. McFlurri

McFlurri Member

Just called the MOF again today. They originally told be to expect my rebate in August as i submitted on May 24th. Now they told me that i should NOT expect to see it this month and they also refused to tell me where they are at in processing applications....

18. Buggle

Buggle Member

Did they say why?

19. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Lol, the Ford Regressive Conservatives looking for more loopholes to deny the rebate to Tesla buyers?

20. Buggle

Buggle Member

I wouldn't joke about that, it'd be my fear. Did you guys hear about the several hundred million dollar wind farm project that was 90% complete, then the Ford govt cancelled the contract and passed legislation immunizing them from a lawsuit over it? These are not nice people we're dealing with. They've learned a thing or two from Trump. The German ambassador has raised the issue. That poor German company....out all that money...