Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
50K Ford vs 65K Tesla...

If I have $650 to spend on a vehicle payment each month then I can only afford the $50,000 car, no matter what brand it is. At that point I don’t care about range or manufacturer or anything, I just want the best car that I can afford. The $65,000 car costs $850 a month and I don’t have that in my budget to spend (yes I know save on gas maintenance blah blah)

I would like an all electric car because it’s the right thing to do and I believe cars like the Tesla Model 3 are the future. But if it’s not in the current budget then I will wait!

Hear you. Would love to know what this number is... 2000 is crazy high considering that Tesla already delivered a big batch AND this is Ontario only (not all of Canada). My best uneducated guess is 100-200 for RWD car that qualifies.

Is 2k really crazy high? They have shown that they are willing to direct cars to where rebates are expiring. (Washington in May, Ontario in late May/June.)

And really 2k is only half a week of production...

I ordered the car first week of July. LR with 20" wheels. I was banking on the rebate to help me with the down. Thought about cancelling but there's no other car in the market I want...

On that note - anyone know if the 20" wheels come with all season tires? Pretty sure I wont be able to afford winter wheels this year..

So I finally got some email responses back. I emailed Ford and Minister of Transport and cc’d my MPP and made sure everyone knew they never responded to my follow up of the canned response.

Not sure if it matters but this was the response from MoT.

“Thank you for your email addressed to the Honourable John Yakabuski, Minister of Transportation. Your email is important to us. It has been forwarded to the appropriate ministry office for review.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of the ministry”

Local MPP’s office stated that they have “forwarded my concerns”.

• Informative
Reactions: PAWilson