Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are so disorganized. They changed a policy. EHVIP, and post a vaguely worded legal way to try and eliminate TESLA buyers with their “dealership” wording. Then when consumers start to say wtf with help from ombudsman, they change the wording to say franchisee. However, what was originally posted on the MTO is still there. How can you tell individuals something that is different from the legal communication on their website. Something is messed up. IMO the cabinet did make the decision to end the EHVIP program but they didn’t do their due diligence and investigate whether TESLA operates a dealership. You tell me, as a consumer, that I have to ask a dealership before I purchase a vehicle if your a franchise or part of the corporation. This is absurd to put the onus on the consumer.

The pc’s have ff’d up. They are stalling with the ombudsman so that TESLA can’t make the deliveries. They are misleading the consumer and are forcing them to cancel there orders.

Morons of a government. Big heads with no brains. To much of know it alls to seek real consultation to make sound decisions without emotion.

I really like the catchy “Buck a Beer Premier”

That’s all he will be known for from here on.

GM, Ford, Volkswagen, Chevy, Nissan and BMW would like to thank the PCs for putting Tesla at a huge disadvantage with minimal lobbying costs. Now please reward the dealerships by buying a Chevy Volt.

Thank you,

The Dealership Lobby

I just called to cancel my Tesla yesterday
What do I do here? Hold off?
I just sent my email back to Tesla and minutes later I see this..

Honestly, don’t count on this being resolved in our favour. There’s no doubt that the province has bungled things, but that doesn’t mean they owe damages for it.

Basically, if you can’t afford the car without the rebate, assume the rebate is gone. That’s really the crappy thing about this - it will mostly only benefit people who could’ve afforded the car anyway.

Reactions: adaptabl
Honestly, don’t count on this being resolved in our favour. There’s no doubt that the province has bungled things, but that doesn’t mean they owe damages for it.

Basically, if you can’t afford the car without the rebate, assume the rebate is gone. That’s really the crappy thing about this - it will mostly only benefit people who could’ve afforded the car anyway.

Tesla has financial damages, so it is logical that it files a lawsuit; loss of deposit, and loss of sale.

"It asks the Ontario Superior Court to quash the "arbitrary and entirely unreasonable" decision, which it says has already tarnished its reputation and caused financial harm."

This lawsuit will cause more harm to Tesla's reputation than the PC could of ever done. The optics are rich people who can afford Tesla's crying for a handout , how greedy.

Womp, womp.

People who dislike Tesla will do so regardless of the lawsuit. This isn’t about optics. If Tesla is found to have grounds and the province is found culpable, then that’s that.

"It asks the Ontario Superior Court to quash the "arbitrary and entirely unreasonable" decision, which it says has already tarnished its reputation and caused financial harm."

This lawsuit will cause more harm to Tesla's reputation than the PC could of ever done. The optics are rich people who can afford Tesla's crying for a handout , how greedy.

I think that may be your biggest reach to date. Keep 'em coming!

Are you Doug Ford, or simply a troll?

Are you just here to troll?

People like you already have a hate on for Tesla. I don’t know why your even interested in the SR model. Why would you give a company your money when you don’t like them?

Thanks for that bit of news. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I just took a phone interview with Dan from Canadian Press. Focusing the discussion on the unfairness of the situation on previous orders and the fact that Tesla is singled out.

Interesting -- what did you say? Just in a nutshell. Thanks.

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. Can you provide backup for this? Lol

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. Can you provide backup for this? Lol

Yes he is clearly a troll/trolling to a certain extent but he’s not actually wrong....look at these “most liked” comments on the CBC article regarding Tesla lawsuit in images attached....there is ZERO public support behind this

Attachments

• BB8A7186-A33C-4A3A-818A-9E4EF941AC39.jpeg
    BB8A7186-A33C-4A3A-818A-9E4EF941AC39.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 909B454D-14F0-4241-8FE4-98702F454017.jpeg
    909B454D-14F0-4241-8FE4-98702F454017.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 775A7980-DB55-40E5-B21E-E542737E5F5B.jpeg
    775A7980-DB55-40E5-B21E-E542737E5F5B.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 43
Yes he is clearly a troll/trolling to a certain extent but he’s not actually wrong....look at these “most liked” comments on the CBC article regarding Tesla lawsuit in images attached....there is ZERO public support behind this
I don’t think those who comment on web sites are typical of the general population. The commenters seem to skew towards those who think Justin Trudeau is the anti-Christ.