Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here found decent floor mats for the winter? I've looked online, but limited options.

There are a couple of threads on this already. Top choices at the moment are MAXpider 3D (Costco.ca, $190, currently sold out) and Tuxmat (tuxmat.ca, $250, now shipping). They are both custom fitted to the Model 3. Eventually, Weathertech will release their version (and/or make them for Tesla to rebrand) but they seem to be unusually slow.

Folks, just received a response from Tesla. Both singatures were suppose to be included on the purchase agreement.

From Tesla:
"My apologies for the mix up, please see attached here the counter signed purchase agreement.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!"

Make sure they get you an agreement that includes both signatures before you send it out.

Absolutely you should have received a copy of the purchase agreement signed by you AND the Tesla rep. This is the copy to submit for EHVIP.

Reactions: Iggy663
There are a couple of threads on this already. Top choices at the moment are MAXpider 3D (Costco.ca, $190, currently sold out) and Tuxmat (tuxmat.ca, $250, now shipping). They are both custom fitted to the Model 3. Eventually, Weathertech will release their version (and/or make them for Tesla to rebrand) but they seem to be unusually slow.

I was lucky enough to get mine from Costco, delivery was super fast (received them next day). $189 for the 3D Maxpiders are amazing.

Guys, I just spoke to Tesla at Oakville and their CS. Mine only has my signature and was missing a signature from Tesla, this section was left blank. They told me that is how it is and to go ahead and send it.

Called the rebate number and spoke to customer service. Explained the signature issue and rep said this is not a problem-buyer's signature only will suffice. She advised that rebates will not be sent out for 6 months and that if there is a further problem with the application they would contact the buyer to rectify the paperwork and not simply drop the case.

FYI - I called MaxPider and they are expecting a new shipment in mid-october. They will have it posted online at Costco, can't preorder.

Reactions: Iggy663
Watched the TVO program tonight on cap and trade. All programs have their downsides but meanwhile the clock is ticking and something needs to be done. Incredible that the Ford government still has no real plan. Great to see that this new court action is also being fast tracked so we'll know in 10 days IIRC. Not that the EHVIP program will suddenly start up again. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I think we've done more to tell the world that Ontario is NOT open for business than Ford's mantra that we are.

Cap and Trade wasn't perfect but don't dismantle it till you have something better to roll out. That's just asinine.

One great thing though is that apparently they can't use the notwithstanding clause on this one because the case relies on procedural rights under the Environmental Bill of Rights, not charter rights.

Reactions: champion1955
Watched the TVO program tonight on cap and trade. All programs have their downsides but meanwhile the clock is ticking and something needs to be done. Incredible that the Ford government still has no real plan. Great to see that this new court action is also being fast tracked so we'll know in 10 days IIRC. Not that the EHVIP program will suddenly start up again. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I think we've done more to tell the world that Ontario is NOT open for business than Ford's mantra that we are.

Cap and Trade wasn't perfect but don't dismantle it till you have something better to roll out. That's just asinine.

One great thing though is that apparently they can't use the notwithstanding clause on this one because the case relies on procedural rights under the Environmental Bill of Rights, not charter rights.

Lets all go Rally and do loops around Queens Park with our Teslas before our right to protest and gather is taken away by Bill 5! :)

I would prefer to think that feedback could have an effect but if yours went to their junk folder, mine went to hell :)

Yet again, a legal challenge was required before the Ontario PC's were even willing to act appropriately and allow comments on ending cap and trade. In the meantime, nothing has been produced as a real plan moving forward. Ontario is destroying its credibility internationally. That does not send a message that we are open for jobs, it sends a message that we are prepared to do anything to preserve the status quo.

Cap and Trade may have flaws but there's no denying that it works. It's our best shot, environmentally and economically, for curbing emissions that drive global warming. To deny this is taking a huge step backwards.

"The integration of cap-and-trade markets today would not only ultimately establish a global carbon price that would diminish reliance on fossil fuels; it would also create a bridge of common intent across boundaries to save the planet despite national conflicts arising today in trade and security matters. Tying our climate fates together would in effect serve as a kind of preemptive version of the Coal and Steel Community." - Washington Post

“California is committed to doing whatever is necessary to meet the existential threat of climate change,” Brown said during a signing ceremony at the Capitol. “And yes, it is an existential threat. No matter what the naysayers may say, it is a real, present danger to California and to the people of the world.” - Gov. Jerry Brown - Sept 10/2018

The need for strong action is now. The programs that were funded by cap and trade were working. Climate change is quickly becoming an emergency. Everyone has to pay the price now or a lot more later. Time to take ownership and fix this while there's still time.

Clean Energy Canada | August 20, 2018:

“More efficient, cleaner vehicles are creating jobs for Canadians—that’s why most auto suppliers support the standards. Last year Linamar, the second largest Canadian auto parts manufacturer, had record sales and earnings, driven in part by a huge contract to produce axles for electric vehicles."

“If you look around the world, it’s clear that hybrid and electric vehicles are set to become the new norm. Car companies in Germany and China are racing toward that fast-approaching future. Countries like the U.K. and France, meanwhile, are banning gas- and diesel-powered vehicles within a couple of decades."

“We now have an opportunity to ensure the right signals are sent to the Canadian auto sector—an opportunity to ensure we thrive in the years to come.”

The people of Ontario deserve a provincial dedication that aggressively tackles global warming. To do nothing is akin to environmental genocide.

I would also appreciate a recommendation if anyone knows a good (and cheap!) electrician.

I’m just in the middle of an installation now (midtown Toronto). Mine is a bit more complicated as I’m upgrading service from 100A to 200A in addition to the charger. From what I’ve seen so far, I can highly recommend my electrician for being professional, respectful, and creative with solutions. Price was great (one of the lowest, if not the lowest I was quoted) and workmanship so far has been outstanding. The crew has also been very punctual. DM me for more details if you want. Contact is:

Eric Silva
Riverline Group Inc.
[email protected]
416-258-5408

Ford government bows to Greenpeace lawsuit, undertakes consultation on cap and trade

Submit a comment

Make your voice heard. All plans will have flaws. Cap and Trade was as good as any and produced a lot of money for environmental initiatives such as the EHVIP program. It was unlawful under the environmental bill of rights to have cancelled cap and trade without consultation.

That was an incredibly well researched and thoughtful comment you submitted. I have gone and done mine too. I hope you don't mind but I anonymously quoted some of your quotes.

Thanks, and maybe we will get this moving.