Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Just another example how this government (or just Doug Ford) is so out of touch. Nobody cares about cheap beer anymore. Nowadays, people are not looking to get wasted on beer but to savour good quality craft beer!

The sad state is that people often dont pay attention to what politicians said 6 months ago. Its infuriating, but like they said in Gladiator "The mob is fickle...." :(

You never know... the PC government might have to kiss Tesla's ass if they've decided to take over the Oshawa plant.
That would be SO amazing! Of course, I doubt Ford would do something so obviously in the interest of the province (and so very in-line with his pro-business stance), if it meant playing nice with the likes of Tesla or Musk. I imagine he’s too petty for that.

• Love
Reactions: corlaandstan
INPORTANT: BE SURE TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL ORDER DATE (before cancellation) ON YOUR APPLICATION!

I emailed a few questions to the MTO and this was one of the questions and answers:

4. I was part of the cohort who ordered their Tesla vehicle prior to July 11th, but then cancelled subsequent to July 11th, and then finally re-ordered their vehicle recently. Should I include any additional documentation outlining this situation or will the regular documentation for an EVIP application be sufficient?

To ensure that your application can be processed quickly, please include the following with your application: a copy of your original purchase order, a copy of the confirmation from Tesla that you cancelled the order and a copy of vehicle re-order. For your order date, please put the original order date of the vehicle (the first time you ordered the vehicle before cancelling).

I don't think there is anything you should worry about or losing sleep on it. If they need more information, they will ask for it. I am sure they have a list of people who is eligible.

If you put in the second purchase date, it's not the end of the word. Mind you, most of us have already submitted the application, I doubt anybody will wait 90 days to submit, I do my submission in couple of days after delivery. SO it is what it is.

I submitted the original order, original cancellation in additional to what was required. I always think in turn of the workers who need to process our applications, if everything is in front of them, they won't have to dig around to find out what exactly happened. It will make the process much easier for them, and hence for you as well.

I got the email and immediately booked a test drive. I was blown away. I pulled out my credit card right away to re-order. Unfortunately, during the process I found out that the re-order wouldn't come with the free LTE. I asked if they could make an exception, but was told no. When I started to walk away, the sales rep went to the back, probably to ask a manager, but the answer was still no. He went back twice when he found out it was actually a deal breaker for me. Too bad because my aging car is dying and I would have loved a new Tesla.

Congrats to everyone who got to re-order!

Reactions: adaptabl
I got the email and immediately booked a test drive. I was blown away. I pulled out my credit card right away to re-order. Unfortunately, during the process I found out that the re-order wouldn't come with the free LTE. I asked if they could make an exception, but was told no. When I started to walk away, the sales rep went to the back, probably to ask a manager, but the answer was still no. He went back twice when he found out it was actually a deal breaker for me. Too bad because my aging car is dying and I would have loved a new Tesla.

So you gave up 14000 rebate over LTE? I respect your principles but damn - that's one expensive LTE option if you're in the market for a new car.

No way! You gave up the car because there is no free LTE? Think about it again!!! $14k will never come back! Having to pay for unlimited connectivity is no big deal...

I think I'll just opt out premium connectivity after 1 year because I don't think I really need satelite map. Slacker radio is pretty crappy (I have YouTube premium with 10GB data). I can always download the updates via wifi at home...

Will probably be my strategy as well unless they change to Spotify when the Slacker contract is up. (not sure when that is and I don't think it's public information)

Some have divined from financial statements of Slacker's parent company that Tesla is paying about $4.25/car for Slacker whereas the same level of subscription would cost you $5 (presuming USD). You'd think they would have been able to cut a better deal.

Will probably be my strategy as well unless they change to Spotify when the Slacker contract is up. (not sure when that is and I don't think it's public information)

Some have divined from financial statements of Slacker's parent company that Tesla is paying about $4.25/car for Slacker whereas the same level of subscription would cost you $5 (presuming USD). You'd think they would have been able to cut a better deal.
Ditto