Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

if $5 million is the cost to pay the incentive, it will just mean 357 rebates. I don't think that is correct, just Tesla itself would have more than 400 alone.
Exactly why I said that as it's not just Tesla alone or even only the EHVIP. It just doesn't compute. Seems like selective accounting or maybe it's just including those other programs like GreenON or the associated costs so far regarding those torn up renewable contracts, etc. I think it's a little early to know the full effect of the wind down and so this was a bit premature.

"Alternative facts" anyone?

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
California has similar restrictions on EV cars claiming a rebate here so not surprised your government is sending out that note to everyone in the program. Not sure they bother sending anything out here, maybe you're just suppose to look up the rules yourself and abide. Also don't know how good they are at policing it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC