Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just trying to get some clarification here. For the Ontario EVIP, does the manufacturer (Tesla) discount the car by $14,000 after taking into consideration options, delivery fee, taxes, etc?

EVIP comes off the total (taxes included) price of the car. Tesla assists you in completing the application forms and sends them in for you. My cheque came in the mail about two weeks later.

Other car makers will take the EVIP amount off the bottom line (giving you the rebate on the spot) and then claim the amount for themselves after the fact.

Both methodologies are permitted under the EVIP program rules.

EVIP comes off the total (taxes included) price of the car. Tesla assists you in completing the application forms and sends them in for you. My cheque came in the mail about two weeks later.

Other car makers will take the EVIP amount off the bottom line (giving you the rebate on the spot) and then claim the amount for themselves after the fact.

Both methodologies are permitted under the EVIP program rules.

Ah ok, so both methods were true. It just depends on the manufacturer. Thanks for the info.

I'm curious if anyone recently (ie. this year) have received their EVIP and how long did it take? It's now a month for me, no cheque thus far, no direct deposit either. I'll be following up when I go back into Tesla in the next couple of days, but am curious to see if others have had problems.

I'm taking delivery this Saturday so I'm interested in this data point. Did you send the forms in yourself or did Tesla do them for you? Lawrence?

I'm taking delivery this Saturday so I'm interested in this data point. Did you send the forms in yourself or did Tesla do them for you? Lawrence?

Tesla essentially fills out the forms and submits them. I wanted to insight from others to see what the timeline might be instead of harassing Tesla staff for no reason.Yes, I took delivery at Lawrence.

Good to know that it's backlogged, but will keep reminders going so that it doesn't get lost in time.

Must have pimply faced teenagers doing the rebates between bouts of playing Call of Duty at both Tesla and MTO. Application is not hard to fill out, cannot believe it took Tesla 3 months to do. For the MTO, everything is right there in the application. Car bought... check. Eligible car... check. Has it been registered with MTO...check. Mail rebate cheque....check. But this is corporate and government bureaucracy, so it takes 6-8 months.

When I bought my Model S, filled it out myself and got paid about 3 months later. With my Volt, GM gave me the rebate when I bought the car. Much more preferable the second way.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Falkirk