TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Nowhere Man, Jan 16, 2017.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

EVIP comes off the total (taxes included) price of the car. Tesla assists you in completing the application forms and sends them in for you. My cheque came in the mail about two weeks later.

Other car makers will take the EVIP amount off the bottom line (giving you the rebate on the spot) and then claim the amount for themselves after the fact.

Both methodologies are permitted under the EVIP program rules.

• Helpful x 2
  2. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

Ah ok, so both methods were true. It just depends on the manufacturer. Thanks for the info.

3. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I'm curious if anyone recently (ie. this year) have received their EVIP and how long did it take? It's now a month for me, no cheque thus far, no direct deposit either. I'll be following up when I go back into Tesla in the next couple of days, but am curious to see if others have had problems.

4. rpm001

rpm001 Member

I'm taking delivery this Saturday so I'm interested in this data point. Did you send the forms in yourself or did Tesla do them for you? Lawrence?

5. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Mine took 6 1/2 months.

6. Phil the North

There's nothing you have to do, everything is processed at Tesla. They submit the paperwork to the government but keep in mind they are super backlogged by months. So don't expect the rebate anytime soon!

7. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Tesla essentially fills out the forms and submits them. I wanted to insight from others to see what the timeline might be instead of harassing Tesla staff for no reason.Yes, I took delivery at Lawrence.

Good to know that it's backlogged, but will keep reminders going so that it doesn't get lost in time.

8. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

My data point is a bit old - from December 2013 - but I found that the Tesla folks in Montreal were too busy to submit my forms, so after 2 weeks I told them I'd do it myself. From that point, it was 6 weeks until I received my rebates.

9. RyersonX

RyersonX Member

Still waiting and here is my story:
    My X was delivered late Dec 2016. Tesla submitted my application early Mar 2017.
    I contacted MOF during Apr and was told they got my application but are still processing Dec.

10. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

#110 Phillip L, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Must have pimply faced teenagers doing the rebates between bouts of playing Call of Duty at both Tesla and MTO. Application is not hard to fill out, cannot believe it took Tesla 3 months to do. For the MTO, everything is right there in the application. Car bought... check. Eligible car... check. Has it been registered with MTO...check. Mail rebate cheque....check. But this is corporate and government bureaucracy, so it takes 6-8 months.

When I bought my Model S, filled it out myself and got paid about 3 months later. With my Volt, GM gave me the rebate when I bought the car. Much more preferable the second way.

• Informative x 1
  11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

March 2013: 2 weeks.

12. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

Were those weeks metric or imperial, Mike?

(Explanation: This is a Tesla Owners Club of Ontario joke. Mike is the sole member who still drives in miles)

• Funny x 5
  13. rapoport3a

rapoport3a Member

You haven't lived till you've experienced 6-day weeks. (I recommend not asking…)

• Funny x 1
  14. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Just got a call to confirm my address, so it should be on the way.

• Like x 1
  15. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Remind me (us) - when did you take delivery? It just helps to give an idea for a timeline.

16. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

May 19.

• Informative x 1
  17. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

You never know... there may still be some others "in the closet" !!

• Funny x 1
  18. Terapin

Terapin Member

I took delivery at the end of January. No rebate received yet. I opted for direct deposit. With my Model S it took about 4 months I recall?

19. Terapin

Terapin Member

Has anyone with delivery after Jan 1st received the rebate yet? 6 months and counting here.

20. bicycle

bicycle Member

Can anyone guess how much notice we will have if this incentive is reduced or removed?