Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw an update on the Ontario EV Site.
Green Plates Eligible Vehicle List

It's not on the Rebate Eligibility list YET, BUT, it's on the list to qualify for a Green Plate. At least it shows that it's in their system.

Relief!!!. at least its been shown up on their website. Hope to see the vehicle list update soon. After that, seeing my VIN number is the only painful wait.

Yep. I am waiting for it. I have ordered it on 31st March. Hopefully, EHVIP listing and my Vehicle registration happens before June 7th :)

From the invites spreadsheet, I think we will see the first Canadian VINs next week.

Based on your config date I think you will get your VIN first week of May and delivery 3rd week in May.
Add a week for the default Aero wheels as there looks to be a delay in getting them.

How did you determine this from the spreadsheet?

There are graphs of days between configuration and VIN, and days between configuration to delivery on the Delivery tab of the spreadsheet. I assume given shipping and custom we will be on the high end of the distribution curve but in line with those numbers.

There is also a table of VINs and configuration settings, showing the production runs. They are working on early March orders now.
It also shows a small delay on current aero production runs and VIN assignments. You can also double check by scanning the delivery forums, checking configuration dates.

I guess this is why Model 3 showed up on the Ontario green plate list this week, Tesla could be asking for plates late next week and the Ontario government needs to commit to its position by next week.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
There are graphs of days between configuration and VIN, and days between configuration to delivery on the Delivery tab of the spreadsheet. I assume given shipping and custom we will be on the high end of the distribution curve but in line with those numbers.

There is also a table of VINs and configuration settings, showing the production runs. They are working on early March orders now.
It also shows a small delay on current aero production runs and VIN assignments. You can also double check by scanning the delivery forums, checking configuration dates.

I guess this is why Model 3 showed up on the Ontario green plate list this week, Tesla could be asking for plates late next week and the Ontario government needs to commit to its position by next week.

Nice explanation... thanks a lot for the link

Hi, could you tell me when you ordered your car how much was it in total before taxes?[/Q

I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they say that once you configure, it takes 3-5 weeks to get your VIN. :)

Here are the Canadian dollar option costs:
  • Base cost 45,600
  • Long Range 11,900
  • Premium 6,600
  • Paint upgrade 1,300
  • 19" Sport Wheels 2,000
Subtotal 67,400

Software option which can be added later
  • Enhanced AP 6,600
Total 74,000
Doc and delivery 1,300
Ontario with HST 84,920

From this subtract deposits 1,000 + 3,200 .
So your bank draft should be about 80,720 to Tesla

Later you will may get credits of 14,000.
So maybe 70,400.

This is reasonable for a nice car.

My Model 3 will replace my 2004 BMW 330C 3.0l loaded with tech (nav, voice control, Bluetooth) in 2003 for 78k Canadian.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Here are the Canadian dollar option costs:
  • Base cost 45,600
  • Long Range 11,900
  • Premium 6,600
  • Paint upgrade 1,300
  • 19" Sport Wheels 2,000
Subtotal 67,400

Software option which can be added later
  • Enhanced AP 6,000
Total 74,000
Doc and delivery 1,300
Ontario with HST 84,920

From this subtract deposits 1,000 + 3,200 .
So your bank draft should be about 80,720 to Tesla

Later you will may get credits of 14,000.
So maybe 70,400.

This is reasonable for a nice car.

My Model 3 will replace my 2004 BMW 330C 3.0l loaded with tech (nav, voice control, Bluetooth) in 2003 for 78k Canadian.

EAP is $6,600 btw.

**FINAL UPDATE**

It's on the list ladies and gents!

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-rebate.shtml#tesla

upload_2018-4-12_16-38-28.png