Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know why you are disliking the answer...cause that is what a RIN is...
Let me be more clear then..

I disagree because your wrong.

It has nothing to do with a "Business Number"

"What is a registrant identification number ( RIN )? A registrant identification number( RIN ) is your 15 digit driver's licence number or a created 9 digit number. If you don't have a driver's licence, a registrant identification number can be used for some driver and vehicle transactions such as vehicle registration"

A RIN is also used if you have more than 1 owner on the same vehicle (ie. Husband and wife)

So advising people to leave that section blank will cause them issues/ delays with their application.

I need some advice.

Picked up the car today, and unfortunately only enjoyed it for about 30 minutes! Dropped it off at the detail shop to get the PPF done.
Question for you all regarding the submission of the rebate. I brought my own plates but Tesla already registered the green plates for my car and told me if you want to switch them, you can go to Service Ontario and they will refund you and will switch you over.
Now since the car is going to be in the shop until the 16th, what do you guys think i should do? Send the application with the green plates but then what will happen once i switch over to my custom plates?
Or is my only option is to wait till the 16th, switch the plates over and then send in the application?
Or send the application with my custom plates that are not on the vehicle and by the time they review the application i am sure i will have my plates on and registered withing 2 weeks.

What do you guys think?

I need some advice.

Picked up the car today, and unfortunately only enjoyed it for about 30 minutes! Dropped it off at the detail shop to get the PPF done.
Question for you all regarding the submission of the rebate. I brought my own plates but Tesla already registered the green plates for my car and told me if you want to switch them, you can go to Service Ontario and they will refund you and will switch you over.
Now since the car is going to be in the shop until the 16th, what do you guys think i should do? Send the application with the green plates but then what will happen once i switch over to my custom plates?
Or is my only option is to wait till the 16th, switch the plates over and then send in the application?
Or send the application with my custom plates that are not on the vehicle and by the time they review the application i am sure i will have my plates on and registered withing 2 weeks.

What do you guys think?
Can't you go get the green plates and take them back? You don't need the vehicle to switch plates. But to answer the question I doubt MOF is going to look at your paper work for months.

Can't you go get the green plates and take them back? You don't need the vehicle to switch plates. But to answer the question I doubt MOF is going to look at your paper work for months.

I could but i am from Niagara and the shop is in Markham North York. Arrrgghh i should of just taken the plates, i was totally unaware of it at that time during my excitement! I doubt that MOF is going to look at the paperwork anytime soon, that is why i am thinking just
submit the form with my custom plates. And in 2 weeks, the car will be registered under the custom plates.
I just want to submit the application before the election date June 7th, just in case...

I could but i am from Niagara and the shop is in Markham North York. Arrrgghh i should of just taken the plates, i was totally unaware of it at that time during my excitement! I doubt that MOF is going to look at the paperwork anytime soon, that is why i am thinking just
submit the form with my custom plates. And in 2 weeks, the car will be registered under the custom plates.
I just want to submit the application before the election date June 7th, just in case...
If you have the ownership you can likely switch the plates now and return the green plates later.

I will be careful doing that. You d better call MOF before swapping the plates. If you swap the plates, will it void your eligibility to apply EVIP?