Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The definition of from is where you're billed from, not shipped from. For the purposes of CRA, it's a Cdn transaction, and that's all they care about.

How about E5 in the form?

E4. Canadian Purchase

Was this charger purchased from a Canadian dealer or from a Canadian website? Chargers purchased from or through the US or other non-Canadian dealers or websites are not eligible. *

E5. Canadian Distribution

Did you receive or pick up this charger from a Canadian location? Chargers picked up or purchased from the US or other non-Canadian jurisdictions are not eligible. *

How about E5 in the form?

E4. Canadian Purchase

Was this charger purchased from a Canadian dealer or from a Canadian website? Chargers purchased from or through the US or other non-Canadian dealers or websites are not eligible. *

E5. Canadian Distribution

Did you receive or pick up this charger from a Canadian location? Chargers picked up or purchased from the US or other non-Canadian jurisdictions are not eligible. *

Yeah, that's not clear imo. it definitely wasn't purchased from the U.S., so then we'd get into semantics on what "through" means. At any rate, it was purchased from a Cdn dealer, and there's no inidications on the Tesla invoice where it shipped from, so all is good.

I called the Ministry of Finance, and they confirmed that if you change your plates, it's not an issue.
I was directed to fill out the form for the rebate using your green plates.
By the time they process your application, they do a search on you anyway and will see the plate changes, and it doesn't matter.

I will be changing my plates over in an hour!

Wow, you called them and got actual help? I called yesterday since I'm still not sure they received my vehicle and charger apps that I sent on Friday with no reply or bounce-back received. They told me they have no detailed information on the program itself and can only look up my specific application information in three weeks! WTF? Apparently they're using a system based on paper and abacuses!

What number did you call to get actual help?

Another question on charger rebate application.
On my registration we are two persons. However, I have charger and installation invoice only under my name. We were two applicants on EV rebate form. Now, should we have two applicants on charger rebate application or just one?

If we have only one then it wont match with registration, if we have two then it wont match with invoice.

Another question on charger rebate application.
On my registration we are two persons. However, I have charger and installation invoice only under my name. We were two applicants on EV rebate form. Now, should we have two applicants on charger rebate application or just one?

If we have only one then it wont match with registration, if we have two then it wont match with invoice.

I have same situation. I think registration is more important than invoice, so I put two names this time.

BTW, in 2015, when I installed my leaf charger, I only put one name on the charge rebate form and did not encounter any issues. But the form is a bit different now.

For the EVCIP, the charger rebate, what did you guys send as a sales receipt? I have my packing list that came with the shipment of my charger, and an email saying my order has been confirmed with the amount listed at the bottom. There is no order history on the Tesla website to retrieve a sales receipt and I'm not too sure what to send as a sales receipt, was thinking just the email for the order.

For the EVCIP, the charger rebate, what did you guys send as a sales receipt? I have my packing list that came with the shipment of my charger, and an email saying my order has been confirmed with the amount listed at the bottom. There is no order history on the Tesla website to retrieve a sales receipt and I'm not too sure what to send as a sales receipt, was thinking just the email for the order.
Did you order online? With the order shipped email I also received a PDF invoice with their Lawrence Ave, Toronto address.

Predicted PC majority government in Ontario. There go the rebates.

So realistically, the new government won't form for a couple of weeks. The legislation to dismantle the cap and trade which funds the rebates likely won't take place till the Fall.

Although with Ford who knows. I think there will be a retroactive period for rebates. But I'd be holding off any new purchases in he summer

So realistically, the new government won't form for a couple of weeks. The legislation to dismantle the cap and trade which funds the rebates likely won't take place till the Fall.

Although with Ford who knows. I think there will be a retroactive period for rebates. But I'd be holding off any new purchases in he summer
When I spoke to the Ministry of Finance this week, they said he could cancel it any time he wants. Mike Harris got rid of photo radar 8 days after he was elected.

Reactions: navguy12