Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't thi k he has a choice. If he tried to stop them my next post on these forums would be like "is there a lawyer here interested in handling a class action case?"

The rebates will probably be cancelled asap so that Drug Frod can give the money to his pals and his own businesses and boast what a great job he's doing for Ontario. I don't suggest believing the previous words from the Con Party about honouring rebates in progress.

Ford posted on his Facebook that he will obey his legal obligations. That is not he is willing to , but he has to. A class action will put him in bad shape right after his election.

I believe they will still allow people with existing order to get the rebate, even if it is not delivered. Do we get purchasing order right away when ordering online? Are purchasing order enough? I wonder how things go when MoF cancelled rebates for more than $75k.

The program only allows you to apply for the rebate once you have the car in your name with plates and registered on the road in Ontario. Existing orders don't count for anything. All you have now is a reservation with Tesla. Nothing official that can be used to help you in a rebate. Once, the rebate is gone, it's gone. People who do not have the car, with plates will get nothing.

Reactions: navguy12
Need your opinion guys: I ordered the Tesla HPWC but still waiting on electrician to come install it on the coming Tuesday and then have it approved. Do you guys think I should just submit the rebate form for the HPWC and forego the installation rebate just to make sure I get at least something before Ford cancels everything?....

Tbh I don't think it's that bad. After 15 (or whatever) years of Liberals there was going to be a change, and that change was unlikely to ever be NDP. Ford's a complete buffoon, and while they were able to keep him quiet during the campaign, doing that while running the province for 4 years is another things altogether.

We'll be ok.

I agree. I suspect that Ford (with pressure from the more rational folks in the party) will backtrack on some of his goofier and more costly promises, and start to get the provincial finances under control. We need to send him off on a 4 year long publicity tour, with a bottomless gift card for the Beer Store and KFC, and let the adults run the show.

It's not great, but the alternatives were worse.

I agree. I suspect that Ford (with pressure from the more rational folks in the party) will backtrack on some of his goofier and more costly promises, and start to get the provincial finances under control. We need to send him off on a 4 year long publicity tour, with a bottomless gift card for the Beer Store and KFC, and let the adults run the show.

It's not great, but the alternatives were worse.

I actually liked Wynn. I think she got a bad rap for being a chick (and I'm by no means a flag waving male apologist). I was reading an article recently regarding how in NA chicks almost never get re-elected, and I think there's something in that.

Her environmental policies were second to none, though I think pushing the minimum wage as she did cost her a ton of support amongst the middle class.

Need your opinion guys: I ordered the Tesla HPWC but still waiting on electrician to come install it on the coming Tuesday and then have it approved. Do you guys think I should just submit the rebate form for the HPWC and forego the installation rebate just to make sure I get at least something before Ford cancels everything?....

I wish that was an option. My HPWC was installed weeks ago but I failed my ESA pending additional work that I can't have done until July. To submit for the rebate (even the charger portion) you require the ESA certificate.

I wish that was an option. My HPWC was installed weeks ago but I failed my ESA pending additional work that I can't have done until July. To submit for the rebate (even the charger portion) you require the ESA certificate.

Aw man. I read if you're only submitting for charger and not installation rebate, you don't need the ESA inspection though.

What was the reason ESA didn't approve the work?

I actually liked Wynn. I think she got a bad rap for being a chick (and I'm by no means a flag waving male apologist). I was reading an article recently regarding how in NA chicks almost never get re-elected, and I think there's something in that.

Her environmental policies were second to none, though I think pushing the minimum wage as she did cost her a ton of support amongst the middle class.

She completely bought into identity politics. Her environmental stuff was good, but good riddance.

So realistically, the new government won't form for a couple of weeks. The legislation to dismantle the cap and trade which funds the rebates likely won't take place till the Fall.

Although with Ford who knows. I think there will be a retroactive period for rebates. But I'd be holding off any new purchases in he summer
Photo radar was rescinded eight business days after the PC win in the early '90s election........

He has already said he is scrapping the carbon tax and reduce gas prices. There is no carbon tax money to spend. Ford has said the feds can try to take action, he will just fight it in court for years.
Good leadership there. Cut a program that is saving the environment, and benefiting everyone's health. Then spend more money than he thinks he'd be saving in favour of legal fees!

Reactions: mjavor