Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and start to get the provincial finances under control.
No he won't. Like every other populist, the levers of power that flow wealth to the wealthy will become even more entrenched.

Cutting the gasoline tax by 10 cents......where will the money come from to maintain roads?

Cutting (Ontario portion of) income tax for folks who earn less than $30K while slashing the progressive policies of the previous government to pay for it will end up costing everyone more in the long run.

There are 4,400 avoided deaths every year since coal fired thermal plants were closed in Ontario.

Those (direct and indirect) avoided morbidity costs never show up on a spread sheet......

I had a Hydro One Networks guy that was supposed to show up at 0900 to check my smart meter (it runs 5% too fast and now I have the separate meter to prove it). Got the call at 0910 that he is sick today. I told my wife, "A sunny Friday in the summer, the morning after a new government has promised to kill the Green Energy Act."

Killing the Green Energy Act simply maintains the 125 year old electrical generation and distribution business model that lets 200,000 folks, earning six figures, keep their jobs.....and more money was spent in the last 12 months repairing one reactor at Darlington than all the money paid out to all renewable energy generators.....

I honestly don't thi k he has a choice. If he tried to stop them my next post on these forums would be like "is there a lawyer here interested in handling a class action case?"

He can't stop rebates for people that have already submitted them. The rebate program is still in effect, and those who are eligible to participate will get their money. It's not like it's coming out of HIS pocket.
But once the program is gone, it's gone.

Reactions: ca-r$m
No he won't. Like every other populist, the levers of power that flow wealth to the wealthy will become even more entrenched.

Cutting the gasoline tax by 10 cents......where will the money come from to maintain roads?

Cutting (Ontario portion of) income tax for folks who earn less than $30K while slashing the progressive policies of the previous government to pay for it will end up costing everyone more in the long run.

There are 4,400 avoided deaths every year since coal fired thermal plants were closed in Ontario.

Those (direct and indirect) avoided morbidity costs never show up on a spread sheet......

I had a Hydro One Networks guy that was supposed to show up at 0900 to check my smart meter (it runs 5% too fast and now I have the separate meter to prove it). Got the call at 0910 that he is sick today. I told my wife, "A sunny Friday in the summer, the morning after a new government has promised to kill the Green Energy Act."

Killing the Green Energy Act simply maintains the 125 year old electrical generation and distribution business model that lets 200,000 folks, earning six figures, keep their jobs.....and more money was spent in the last 12 months repairing one reactor at Darlington than all the money paid out to all renewable energy generators.....

The problem for us that we have to pick one even if we are not willing to. Will NDP do any better?

Reactions: sitter_k
I have got ESA certificate mentioning that installation has passed and it is "EV outlet", does it have to mention the charger name also? in order to qualify the rebate?. can anyone tell me what is mentioned in your ESA certificate? attached the description on my ESA cert

Attachments

• ESA_cert.jpg
    ESA_cert.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 49
Good leadership there. Cut a program that is saving the environment, and benefiting everyone's health. Then spend more money than he thinks he'd be saving in favour of legal fees!

I agree with the carbon tax, Ford does not. Even if he kept it he would give the money to the current auto producers for R&D to reduce emissions on ICE engines. EV rebates are dead in Ontario.

• Disagree
Reactions: mjavor
I have got ESA certificate mentioning that installation has passed and it is "EV outlet", does it have to mention the charger name also? in order to qualify the rebate?. can anyone tell me what is mentioned in your ESA certificate? attached the description on my ESA cert

I have got same in 2015, and got the rebate for my hard wired Leaf J1772 Charger.

Reactions: vidya_sagar
Will NDP do any better?
Why is the assumption the NDP wouldn't? (For the record, I'm a Green Party freak).

When the NDP was last in power three decades ago, they had the bad luck of timing......the free trade agreement was fresh and all the high paying, unionized manufacturing jobs suddenly packed up and went south.

But the NDP gets blamed for that to this day.

And the NDP did not sell the 407 for a bag of magic beans, the conservatives did.

And people only began to die from untreated municipal water while the conservatives were in power.....

Reactions: tombar

Ya, cutting gas by 10 cents. What a ridiculous promise.
Any one of us could make that promise and be right quarter to quarter, because gas often goes up and down by 10 cents regularly.
He can just wait for the first drop of 10 cents, say “See, I kept my promise”, and have done nothing at all.
We could all make that claim.

Ya, cutting gas by 10 cents. What a ridiculous promise.
Any one of us could make that promise and be right quarter to quarter, because gas often goes up and down by 10 cents regularly.
He can just wait for the first drop of 10 cents, say “See, I kept my promise”, and have done nothing at all.
We could all make that claim.
Not to mention if he does cut Ontario tax 10c, you can be sure the petroleum “cartel” will take advantage of that and just raise thier rates and profits.

Ok so do we have any clarification on the charger rebate and names being different than the evip application?
My certificate and invoice from the installer and esa are in my full name and my wife’s. My evip rebate was in my name only and with my first initial and full middle name, which is how it’s registered with mto.

So for the charger rebate will they say well the name on the ownership doesn’t exactly match the name on the install invoice and certificate, plus there’s an additional name?