Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my last post, they updated the configurator again to add dual motor + performance options. Still no $14k incentive though.

I just checked and it’s still there. This happened to me one before and I had to click the price and then click “Ontario” from provinces for it to take effect.

But, I just bought another EV last night as I’m no longer willing to buy without the rebate.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Still no delivery date for me - configured 4 weeks ago
No idea how to get a date

How are people notified when their delivery date was established.

I too am getting more nervous by the day.

Don't worry, there's a lot of people in the same boat as you. Just have to be patient. It appears to have been quiet since the early June rush of deliveries, but things may pick up in July when Q2 begins. Since they stopped posting VINs online, people have been watching for the "edit" option to disappear. My edit button disappeared just last night after 8 weeks plus a day. So fingers crossed I hear from them soon.

Don't worry, there's a lot of people in the same boat as you. Just have to be patient. It appears to have been quiet since the early June rush of deliveries, but things may pick up in July when Q2 begins. Since they stopped posting VINs online, people have been watching for the "edit" option to disappear. My edit button disappeared just last night after 8 weeks plus a day. So fingers crossed I hear from them soon.
Not trying to rain on your parade but everyone's edit button disappeared last night I believe. This happened after the Dual Motor/Performance options went live for everyone.

**EDIT** Looks like the ability to edit orders is back again.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 03DSG
They also list the performance model with the rebate....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180627-002212.png
    Screenshot_20180627-002212.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 60
@likkuid If you wouldn't mind sharing... What EV did you end up going with and what is the expected delivery timeframe?

I went with the 2018 Kia Soul EV Luxury Sunroof. After 60mo financing, 0 down, 0.99% interest rate, taxes, admin fees, $14K rebate, $1000 manufacture discount, etc., etc., it’s $34,560. It’s expexted within 4 days of order, though some other shops have 1 in stock right now.

The Leaf and Bolt are sold out everywhere. (There’s two Bolts in small-town Ontario dealers, but I just don’t trust Chevy and have no desire to own a Bolt, despite the great range.)

My concern with the Soul EV was the 109hp, less so than the 179km range as I work from home and don’t go on roadtrips. I test drove the Hyundai Kona (petrol), Ioniq, and Soul EV (twice.) Hated the Hyundais. At 6ft 3in, the Ioniq kept banging my head while driving, among other issues. Both rides didn’t feel much better than my 2011-2012 Yaris. I was pleasantly surprised with the acceleration of the Soul, tight cornering, drive feel, cooled seats (big for me), etc. It just felt like a smooth, fun ride.

Every dealer I spoke to said electrics have been selling hot these past two weeks due to rebate frenzy.

The Soul EV is a very nice car. You lucked out. My sister owned the ICE version, and loved driving it on the 401 because of great visibility. Zero problems over four years since buying it new, and lots of room inside.

Thank you, I appreciate that. The visibility and reliability ratings were a huge sell for me.

My wife thinks the exterior is hideous (actually, every woman has said that thus far.) I guess I just like boxes. Lol.

Need some advice.

Apparently my reservation from two months popped, and I can now configure the car (that was quick).

It says 3-5 months for delivery.

My issue is that I cannot/will not buy the car without the rebate. As of right now, it's showing the rebate, and everything is fine.

My question is - if I purchase the car, as is right now with the rebate, is there any way of me being screwed out of it? I'm assuming the rebate is based on the pickup date, but what happens if I receive the car in November, but rebate was cutoff in October.

I don't have an out, I would lose the deposit. Anyone have any advice?

Need some advice.

Apparently my reservation from two months popped, and I can now configure the car (that was quick).

It says 3-5 months for delivery.

My issue is that I cannot/will not buy the car without the rebate. As of right now, it's showing the rebate, and everything is fine.

My question is - if I purchase the car, as is right now with the rebate, is there any way of me being screwed out of it? I'm assuming the rebate is based on the pickup date, but what happens if I receive the car in November, but rebate was cutoff in October.

I don't have an out, I would lose the deposit. Anyone have any advice?

Make sure you've a solid choice of religion? :D

Reactions: navguy12
Any advise would really just be an opinion (or a guess). It’s your call to make.

That said my opinion (guess) would be that for the government to cancel the incentive retroactively would be very unfair to anyone that ordered and paid a non-refundable deposit. At some point they SHOULD provide direction as to a cut off for new order eligibility. IMO the only shot you have at the incentive is to order now however there is risk involved. Assess the risk and make the call.