Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't really need a poll. He's already canceling it.

You know what, @M109Rider? It really bugs me when someone gives an opinion about something in the future, and states it as fact, and arrogantly ignores every other opinion. Ford's stated he'll cancel the cap and trade program (a source would help, like, here) but the rebate program is pending review.

You may be right, and you may be WRONG. Just ignore the poll if you are too "smart" for the rest of us.

• Love
Reactions: McFlurri
I know the battery terminals for a 2nd motor are on all M3 batteries so you'd think it would be fairly easy to do unless it's just that Tesla won't allow it given they have control over the parts supply and modifying the software.

Recent cars no longer have that in place. See the Q1 quarterly conference call, they've removed some of the 'generalizations' that added complexity and cost:
https://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/call-tr...tsla-q1-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript

And this still remains to be fixed in a lot of cases, but we're over-generalizing the design. So, for example, the car battery pack has a port for the front drive unit, which we then put a sealed blanking plate on. So essentially we punched a hole in it, then put a blanking plate over the hole and do that for all rear-drive unit cars, which is kind of crazy. We've added cost, we've added a manufacturing step, we've added a failure mode, and for something that is unnecessary. So, that is an example of something that's changed.

Reactions: Anto and MP3Mike
My car is likely 3-5 months out so I concede there will be little prospect of getting the rebate. But what about the HPWC? I believe there is a rebate for that? Maybe I should order it now so at least I can qualify for that rebate?

Unfortunately the rebate only applies if you've installed it within 30 or 60 days of the delivery of your car and that you currently have a plated and licensed EV that you own. So little chance of taking advantage of it sadly.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
I put down my deposit back in middle of May, thinking that I won't even have a chance of getting a rebate.

Did check with Chev Bolt, but the salesman said it will be a 2019 and it is going to be at least a six month wait.

Boy, M3 looks nice.

The Chevy Bolt is now apparently a year-long waiting list... and the media is mocking the Model 3 for 3-6 months... what biased news we enjoy.

Interesting...though I'd want to qualify that maybe higher up. I'm concerned that salesperson didn't know what they were talking about.

I know the battery terminals for a 2nd motor are on all M3 batteries so you'd think it would be fairly easy to do unless it's just that Tesla won't allow it given they have control over the parts supply and modifying the software.

I thought I was able to edit my design yesterday and that included selecting AWD and Performance in which case you'd still be going off the same order/down payment just that it's date would change if you selected something different.

I've also heard you can "probably" talk to sales and if you wanted an S or X, (new or used) they would apply your M3 deposit towards it though again, I wouldn't take the word of sales for gospel on that either.

I'm kind of looking forward to RWD in the winter with R2's :)

Another interesting thing is if you change your order after July 1, you loss the Premium connectivity, let alone they will charge you $500 for the change.

It may also mean your order date is no longer dated on or before June 29.

In other thread, you are allowed to change within 3 days no charge, and you can even cancel it. That's why I'm hesitate to make any change after I place my order.

You know what, @M109Rider? It really bugs me when someone gives an opinion about something in the future, and states it as fact, and arrogantly ignores every other opinion. Ford's stated he'll cancel the cap and trade program (a source would help, like, here) but the rebate program is pending review.

You may be right, and you may be WRONG. Just ignore the poll if you are too "smart" for the rest of us.

It wasn’t a future opinion, ignoring all other opinions or facts. Ford has already stated its going away. I have a tweet from him to myself stating that he is canceling it for all orders without a contract from June 29th. This was all fact prior to your poll post.
The rebate program will wind down from June 29th, but it’s done.
No arrogance, no opinion.
I wasn’t trying to come across that way either.

Another interesting thing is if you change your order after July 1, you loss the Premium connectivity, let alone they will charge you $500 for the change.

It may also mean your order date is no longer dated on or before June 29.

In other thread, you are allowed to change within 3 days no charge, and you can even cancel it. That's why I'm hesitate to make any change after I place my order.

I thought I had heard that if you call them you might be able to preserve your order date but no evidence to support that. I ordered on the 28th and then on the 29th removed EAP and FSD to hedge my bets on the rebate, knowing I had a 3 day window for any changes.

My purchase agreement date then changed accordingly, to the 29th.

You'd think they would allow EAP and FSD to be added back in for no change fee since it's just software and while preserving your order date but that's something I would try with them over the phone, not online and I'd also try to preserve premium connectivity. Perhaps someone has already been down that road, not sure.

This is insane that we cannot get clarity. I have a car I have a purchase agreement for on June 26, ready to pickup this Friday, and don’t know if I should cancel it due to the possibility that they won’t honour it given the application wasn’t submitted.

I would kiss the $14,000 good bye. Buy the car for what you bought it for, not the welfare tax rebate.

I highly doubt you will get the rebate anyways.