Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about people who cancelled rwd and switched to awd because they thought the rebate was dead and couldn't take the constant monitoring of all threads...

Probably no different from those who cancelled RWD altogether I would think...buyer beware .I made a calculated decision to go AWD and not go through the rollercoaster of RWD, if i get it in time, and if the rebates get re instated...I think that decision is on me and anyone else who went AWD.

Probably no different from those who cancelled RWD altogether I would think...buyer beware .I made a calculated decision to go AWD and not go through the rollercoaster of RWD, if i get it in time, and if the rebates get re instated...I think that decision is on me and anyone else who went AWD.
Yeah I'm not bitter, I take comfort in knowing my car probably wouldn't have been here by the 10th and that AWD is what I really wanted.

Thoughts on this.... "...it was purchased in Canada from a Canadian source (e.g., dealer, website, retailer). Any charging stations purchased from a non- Canadian distributor (i.e., brought in from the US or another country, online order and shipped from outside Canada) does not qualified for an incentive."

Does this mean only the Tesla chargers are also being singled out. That's not the wording I remember when they cancelled the program. Thoughts?

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Thoughts on this.... "...it was purchased in Canada from a Canadian source (e.g., dealer, website, retailer). Any charging stations purchased from a non- Canadian distributor (i.e., brought in from the US or another country, online order and shipped from outside Canada) does not qualified for an incentive."

Does this mean only the Tesla chargers are also being singled out. That's not the wording I remember when they cancelled the program. Thoughts?

I looked into it and Tesla is on the list. So disregard my previous post. Want to disagree on this too? Lol. How does it feel to find out Tesla won?

I received a copy of this official statement from Tesla “We’re pleased with the Court’s decision to strike down the Ministry’s transition plan as unfair and unlawful. Tesla only sought fair treatment for our customers and we hope the Ministry now does the right thing by delivering on its promise to ensure all EV-owners receive their incentives during the wind-down period.”

I received a copy of this official statement from Tesla “We’re pleased with the Court’s decision to strike down the Ministry’s transition plan as unfair and unlawful. Tesla only sought fair treatment for our customers and we hope the Ministry now does the right thing by delivering on its promise to ensure all EV-owners receive their incentives during the wind-down period.”
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: champion1955
WOW

I am shocked that the courts actually expedited this lawsuit.

IMHO I believe the courts are going to want to see that the Tesla customers, dealers and manufacturer be able to have the same opportunity as the others have had. Tesla should be awarded an extension on the sept 10 deadline. What that maybe I’m not sure but a guess is probably October 31st to be the latest.

Anyways I hope this is real and I’m not just dreaming again.

I’m not counting on this yet but it sure is hopeful seeing this news.

I can’t imagine that this is sitting to well with the “Buck a Beer-Premier

We have been paitient this long what’s another night.

Good luck to all

Could the ministry do anything else but allow the rebate now?

They could, but it would impact other makers/dealerships. They probably don't want to do that, because folks here have suggested that they gave dealerships advance knowledge of the cancellation, allowing them to fully stock up on EVs to take advantage of the rebate through September 10. If they redo the policy in a way that costs other EVs to lose eligibility, then that impacts car dealers who very well might have it in writing that their cars would be eligible.

In other words, they'd just be opening themselves up to more lawsuits.

Path of least resistance would be to include Tesla in the rebate, which would affect about 350 people to the tune of 5.5 million.

Reactions: dusdev

Thanks for the sharing and it's a very good news. I just wonder how Tesla can deliver my Red M3 before Sept 10th as they still not assign my VIN ? I'm a first day reserver and configured on May 24th !

Not sure if this means anything but I did a "find-source:" and this was encoded.

BUILD_TAG_rc_20180823

I was called on the 24th of August so wondering if that was the day it was built. Look up yours and let me know as I'm curious

Ha - I wish.
That's likely just a build tag as to the website release.. I bet it'll update against within a few days.
I see this `BUILD_TAG_rc_201808231832_rel_r_201808_4_alpha`

Not sure if this means anything but I did a "view-source:" and this was encoded.

BUILD_TAG_rc_20180823

I was called on the 24th of August so wondering if that was the day it was built. Look up yours and let me know as I'm curious

Cool, @haromaem!

<!-- [BUILD_TAG_rc_201808231832_rel_r_201808_4_alpha.r1] -->
I reserved 2018-01-16
I ordered 2018-07-28 (so not related, and same as yours)

I'm thinking that's the date the page template was last edited, no?