Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but Judge Myers comment above seems to leave the door open a bit for something like a small claims court filing @Tertulian for those that felt they needed to cancel or were pressured into doing so.

I also think it prevents the government from doing anything punitive in reaction to losing. The judge seems to be intimating that $14k in damages for everyone affected could be an outcome but resolving the matter is the better course of justice.

From that perspective, the onus would appear to be on the government to resolve the issue or risk facing further punitive damages.

It's seem the Ontario government don't give a sh*t. They rather screw around the consumers and work on worthless piece of crap buck a beer incentive than to go with simply solution of paying out the $14K. Those clowns will drag this on rather the update tell us how we can claim the 14K. Can you say "Redneck". Buck a beer and weed for all. People will only question if they are sober.

It's seem the Ontario government don't give a sh*t. They rather screw around the consumers and work on worthless piece of crap buck a beer incentive than to go with simply solution of paying out the $14K. Those clowns will drag this on rather the update tell us how we can claim the 14K. Can you say "Redneck". Buck a beer and weed for all. People will only question if they are sober.

Electric vehicles incentive program

Ontario Central Forms Repository - Form Identification

Ok - I decided to do some calling myself.

I called three dealerships - Ford, Chevy, and Mitsubishi. I'm under the impression at this point that they are all getting low on stock (so, mission accomplished) but both the Ford and Mitsubishi dealers I spoke with told me that I could still get the rebate if I bought a car.

That suggests to me that my reading of the lawsuit is correct - the EV Rebate program is still in effect. The transition program which excluded Tesla has been thrown out. If anybody here picked up their cars between July 11th and today, you should get those forms and fill them out and submit them, because legally the province may very well be obligated to accept them.

It sure would be nice if someone from the MFO could confirm that the program exists in any capacity, but the dealerships do seem to have information that they are -- and, since, in those cases the dealerships take the money off the top and submit it for you, they'd be losing their asses if they were wrong.

Ok - I decided to do some calling myself.

I called three dealerships - Ford, Chevy, and Mitsubishi. I'm under the impression at this point that they are all getting low on stock (so, mission accomplished) but both the Ford and Mitsubishi dealers I spoke with told me that I could still get the rebate if I bought a car.

That suggests to me that my reading of the lawsuit is correct - the EV Rebate program is still in effect. The transition program which excluded Tesla has been thrown out. If anybody here picked up their cars between July 11th and today, you should get those forms and fill them out and submit them, because legally the province may very well be obligated to accept them.

It sure would be nice if someone from the MFO could confirm that the program exists in any capacity, but the dealerships do seem to have information that they are -- and, since, in those cases the dealerships take the money off the top and submit it for you, they'd be losing their asses if they were wrong.

Yes, I would agree with that and it would of course be great to get some clarification on the ruling instead of us speculating. I had also inquired with a lawyer earlier this morning but not expecting an answer.

The Mitsubishi, BTW, isn't very well reviewed. My BIL has one (non-hybrid) and isn't happy with it. The Pacifica Hybrid seems to get fairly good reviews if that's an option for anyone that needs a people mover. Ford? Found On Road Drained? :) Couldn't resist...

After doing some research about eligible vehicles, Yes rebates are still being offered. Ford is still offering the $7000. at POS. (that's point of sale and not the other meaning).

I do have to tell all of you on here that i'm becoming mentally exhausted. This BS has gone on for 3 months now. From the Ontario government to Tesla themselves. the amount of time I, and all of you, have spent on this is driving me nuts. I just want to move forward. I like the car. I have a co-worker who has it and have driven it numerous times and it is a very nice car, but still just a car. I like the company or i wouldn't give them my hard earned money, but would like more initiated guidance from them.

I also have friend who cancelled and asked about resurrecting there contract. The communication from Tesla was still not positive regarding the rebate. I guess there just covering themselves.

I went into Tesla Oakville yesterday and they have no more info than we have here. I still don't have a VIN and would have to say that it would be next to impossible for my vehicle to meet the Sept 10th deadline if that becomes the MTO's decision.

I'm just venting and rambling on but my wife is tired of listening to me about the car. So i have to do it here.

Thanks for listening. Don't, you know who, bother disagreeing.

After doing some research about eligible vehicles, Yes rebates are still being offered. Ford is still offering the $7000. at POS. (that's point of sale and not the other meaning).

I do have to tell all of you on here that i'm becoming mentally exhausted. This BS has gone on for 3 months now. From the Ontario government to Tesla themselves. the amount of time I, and all of you, have spent on this is driving me nuts. I just want to move forward. I like the car. I have a co-worker who has it and have driven it numerous times and it is a very nice car, but still just a car. I like the company or i wouldn't give them my hard earned money, but would like more initiated guidance from them.

I also have friend who cancelled and asked about resurrecting there contract. The communication from Tesla was still not positive regarding the rebate. I guess there just covering themselves.

I went into Tesla Oakville yesterday and they have no more info than we have here. I still don't have a VIN and would have to say that it would be next to impossible for my vehicle to meet the Sept 10th deadline if that becomes the MTO's decision.

I'm just venting and rambling on but my wife is tired of listening to me about the car. So i have to do it here.

Thanks for listening. Don't, you know who, bother disagreeing.

Here's a Doug Ford meme to cheer you up. :)

Attachments

• doug ford thanos.jpg
    doug ford thanos.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 46
Has anyone submitted ev rebate forms for both their car and a charger? If so, did you only receive one confirmation email? I just want to make sure they (MOF) got both, but they’ll be unable to check because they’re “swamped”. They said it’s fine if you only got one email, but I don’t really trust any of them because they also said I was getting the rebate still when I wasn’t!