Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, so the final bill of sale agreement is the same one in the portal?

Yes, I printed all the documents including the rebate forms as I wanted Tesla to take a look. They had copies of everything except the rebate forms in a black Tesla folder during delivery. The DA looked over the rebate forms and helped me fill out a few spots. I was in and out of the IC in 30 minutes?

Do take your time and look over the car, there were a few minor things left by the detailers (finger prints and such on the inside trim). I still have yet to make an appointment with Excellence Auto to fix the tailgate brake light alignment; car is too much fun to drive vs. taking it in for service.

I've accepted the one finger print mark as character; its just going to get dirty by me anyway so I accepted it and drove away smiling.

Last edited:
Just got a call from my DA yesterday night as well!

Booked for 3pm on September 10th. Wondering if that is cutting it too close or if I should try and move it up since I'm paranoid something will go wrong and won't get it done by the 10th. Also, they booked me for Oakville but I wanted the Lawrence location so hopefully that doesn't screw things up as well.

The phone number was from a personal cell with a 437 area code so it's lucky I actually picked up the phone since it looked like a telemarketer.

Looks like they are hustling to get under the government deadline.

• Love
Reactions: haromaem
Just got a call from my DA yesterday night as well!

Booked for 3pm on September 10th. Wondering if that is cutting it too close or if I should try and move it up since I'm paranoid something will go wrong and won't get it done by the 10th. Also, they booked me for Oakville but I wanted the Lawrence location so hopefully that doesn't screw things up as well.

The phone number was from a personal cell with a 437 area code so it's lucky I actually picked up the phone since it looked like a telemarketer.

Looks like they are hustling to get under the government deadline.
Ya That is probably my guy as well. I tried to move up as well in Oakville. There were no other spots available. you have until 11:59 anyways. Whats the Worry;)

Ordered June 7th. Got an email saying my VIN is ready but then was told that the car won’t be delivered until October(missing the rebate)! They (DA)said that a lot of people ordered before me that still haven’t received the car as well and won’t get it in time. They are apparently doing a mass delivery in October st the international centre. Looks like I will have to cancel. Sucks that is the conclusion for me.

What do I get in terms of a charger? Does anyone have a good person they can recommend re installation of a charger?

This isn't an easy question to answer. For chargers, Tesla HPWC ($633) is one option but there are many other ways to do this. The tougher challenge might be your wiring situation. If you already have suitable 240V wiring roughed in, then you're laughing. If not, the install could be a bit more complicated. Suggest you do some searching/reading in this forum.

Ordered June 7th. Got an email saying my VIN is ready but then was told that the car won’t be delivered until October(missing the rebate)! They (DA)said that a lot of people ordered before me that still haven’t received the car as well and won’t get it in time. They are apparently doing a mass delivery in October st the international centre. Looks like I will have to cancel. Sucks that is the conclusion for me.

So sorry to hear that. Sounds like your car might still be in the US. :(

Is anyone with an eligible order still waiting for a delivery call? It's coming down to the wire but sounds like Tesla is doing a serious push.
Just got my call today. Said they have a car in my color that they could assign the vin to me. But I'd have to move down to 18in rims. Not going to turn down 14k for that.

Just got my call today. Said they have a car in my color that they could assign the vin to me. But I'd have to move down to 18in rims. Not going to turn down 14k for that.

Amazing! You were the beneficiary (like me) of Tesla's slow change order processing. So they have cars in Ontario that aren't assigned to owners yet? I wonder how many and if they are going to contact people to see if they'll accept different configurations than what they ordered.

Is anyone with an eligible order still waiting for a delivery call? It's coming down to the wire but sounds like Tesla is doing a serious push.
Yes I am, just called my DA the car is crossing the border in Chicago and he is still telling me that it will be late September. This is such BS, i am not going to give up on this I am heading down to Scarboro Tesla tonight.

Reactions: adaptabl
Yes I am, just called my DA the car is crossing the border in Chicago and he is still telling me that it will be late September. This is such BS, i am not going to give up on this I am heading down to Scarboro Tesla tonight.

Late September doesn't sound right. Once it's across the border, I was told 4 business days to transport and prep the car for customer delivery. Under the current circumstances, I'm sure the 4 business days can be shortened. I'd pickup the car straight from the rail yard for $14k. Good luck!