Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I am, just called my DA the car is crossing the border in Chicago and he is still telling me that it will be late September. This is such BS, i am not going to give up on this I am heading down to Scarboro Tesla tonight.
I am in the same situation. DA contacted me on Aug 21 with VIN and told me to expect delivery before September 10th.

On Friday he got back to me and said now it will be "mid-September". This is really frustrating.

What if the vehicle was ordered under my name and I would like to register it under my dad's? Would he be eligible for rebate if delivery is taken before Sept 10?

Can anyone confirm?

You can transfer to a family member, but not to a 'stranger' to prevent people from 'selling' their reservation like someone was trying to do a few pages ago. Since its a transfer to your father, I'm assuming you could prove that pretty easily with your ID....but one thing that isn't clear is if transferring will reset the order date. I would call tesla and ask. If in doubt, register it under your name and then transfer through the MTO at a later date. Transfers between immediate family are free from tax (at least they were a few years ago when I transferred a car to my mom)....

This isn't an easy question to answer. For chargers, Tesla HPWC ($633) is one option but there are many other ways to do this. The tougher challenge might be your wiring situation. If you already have suitable 240V wiring roughed in, then you're laughing. If not, the install could be a bit more complicated. Suggest you do some searching/reading in this forum.
Is there an electrician you recommend?

Just spoke to my DA and she said it won't be a problem since the name on the sales agreement will be my Dad's and that's all it matters. It doesn't matter who reserved it as long as sales agreement is under the person who is applying for the rebate.

You can transfer to a family member, but not to a 'stranger' to prevent people from 'selling' their reservation like someone was trying to do a few pages ago. Since its a transfer to your father, I'm assuming you could prove that pretty easily with your ID....but one thing that isn't clear is if transferring will reset the order date. I would call tesla and ask. If in doubt, register it under your name and then transfer through the MTO at a later date. Transfers between immediate family are free from tax (at least they were a few years ago when I transferred a car to my mom)....

This is my first and also may be my last post at this forum
First, congrats for those who got the car and who got schedule delivery on time for rebate.
I order mine on July 7, just before they announce the cancellation,
and just got a VIN yesterday, and got a email from my new DA today, said my car still in transit around Chicago.
She told me that I will not get the car on time to apply for the rebate, which is next Monday.
so I canceled my order with a refund.

I refresh this thread everyday during the Tesla vs Ontario lawsuit period, and felt very anxious that time.
but I guess it doesn't matter anymore...

Amazing! You were the beneficiary (like me) of Tesla's slow change order processing. So they have cars in Ontario that aren't assigned to owners yet? I wonder how many and if they are going to contact people to see if they'll accept different configurations than what they ordered.
Yeah I just hope it wasn't a reject for some odd reason
RWD or AWD? Confused by your sig and 14k rebate.
Yeah I switched to AWD before the lawsuit, for some reason they didn't change it and shipped a rwd.

Reactions: Muskol and PAWilson
Just got my call today. Said they have a car in my color that they could assign the vin to me. But I'd have to move down to 18in rims. Not going to turn down 14k for that.
Turns out the switch to 18 in rims created a new order date of Sept 5. Would they have been able to just give me aeros later on?
Will make me ineligible for the rebate as it is after July 11? Will this mean no free LTE?

Turns out the switch to 18 in rims created a new order date of Sept 5. Would they have been able to just give me aeros later on?
Will make me ineligible for the rebate as it is after July 11? Will this mean no free LTE?
Can you ask them to correct your order date? Didn't you have to order prior to July 11 to qualify? I imagine it'll be a task trying to get these answers.

Can you not use your original order form when you submit? I would do that.
I am pretty sure your premium LTE will remain as I asked Tesla about that before.

I called Oakville and they gave me the 1-888 number. I spoke with a troubleshooting rep there. He indicated if you cancelled your only option is to go on to the website and start over
I've gotten the same response from Tesla CS but I'm hoping that Tesla is making some sort of a deal with the gov't... Maybe i'm just dreaming but I would love to take the car home with the much needed $14k rebate!

Reactions: Burlburt
Yeah I just hope it wasn't a reject for some odd reason

Yeah I switched to AWD before the lawsuit, for some reason they didn't change it and shipped a rwd.

They probably assumed (correctly) you would rather have the rebate + RWD now instead of AWD for effectively 20k more and probably still a few more weeks minimum to wait :)

I would take the same deal all day if given the option :cool:

Can you not use your original order form when you submit? I would do that.
I am pretty sure your premium LTE will remain as I asked Tesla about that before.
I could but there's no VIN on the earlier ones.

Can you ask them to correct your order date? Didn't you have to order prior to July 11 to qualify? I imagine it'll be a task trying to get these answers.
Yeah they seem pretty busy I tried to call my DA back to clarify and he didn't get back to me. I hope they can change it or if not I'll proceed with AWD. I'm afraid to sign anything or take next steps. I don't know what I'll do if they tell me just complete the order everything "should be" fine.
Notice the date change.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwAGZ4h6M9uBmoEX9

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ