Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised at Ford's behaviour. This was how he acted as a city councillor, as the apologist for his brother and as a candidate for mayor. Everyone who's familiar with Deco and the business he's in has known for years that he was an incompetent and unethical blowhard.

I was very much against the Wynne government, but the PCs could simply have picked Christine Elliot and we'd have a competent, reasonable adult running the Province.

Yup. After Patrick Brown was brought down so swiftly I thought for sure one of the two female candidates would be made leader just to decrease the likelihood of another similar accusation that would potentially lose the election for them at the last minute. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. Now we are stuck with this blowhard buffoon instead of a reasonable leader who might have gone about their business relying on facts and advice from educated advisors. But who needs facts I guess. You can just make stuff up and most of the public will just believe it...

At least there is still some hope left in Canada :)

I remember when I bought my first volt in early 2014 I read a story about how the BC fund ran out in February, and I was glad I lived in ontario because at the time our rebate was 8500 instead of 5000....how the times have changed :(

Not only did they replenish the funds, but the PAWD and AWD also qualify.

New climate change plan coming this fall, PC government says

"Province to consult with public, plan will include emissions reduction fund."

Right. Because we know how well they work with and consult the "public". Oh, wait, apparently public=only those who agree.

This could get a little sticky. I'm an outlier in that I don't think a carbon tax/gov't refund is the way to go if you are really serious about the environment. I see it as the lowest common denominator and reeks of vote buying though many interest groups also believe it's the way to go.

Sounds like the PC's want control of this themselves. Of course they do! BTW, it's already fall. :)

• Funny
Reactions: champion1955
New climate change plan coming this fall, PC government says

"Province to consult with public, plan will include emissions reduction fund."

Right. Because we know how well they work with and consult the "public". Oh, wait, apparently public=only those who agree.

This could get a little sticky. I'm an outlier in that I don't think a carbon tax/gov't refund is the way to go if you are really serious about the environment. I see it as the lowest common denominator and reeks of vote buying though many interest groups also believe it's the way to go.

Sounds like the PC's want control of this themselves. Of course they do! BTW, it's already fall. :)
if there were ever a quote that reeked of hypocrisy:

"Our plan focused on solutions, not one that has the government picking winners and losers."

Hmmm, remind me what happened in the summer o_O

I was listening to an interview with Rod Phillips (sp) on CBC Radio One on the commute this morning and he was reading from a script the whole time.

The number of times he paraphrased "4c less gas at the pump = good; taxes are bad for the people" was hilarious.

He answered every question with a paraphrase of that canned message even after the host asked... "so a tax that benefits every person in Canada while changing their behavior is bad? Why is that bad?"

Guess what? the same canned message. I'm going to take a political science course in night class and run cause the competition cannot speak or think very well at all!

I was listening to an interview with Rod Phillips (sp) on CBC Radio One on the commute this morning and he was reading from a script the whole time.

The number of times he paraphrased "4c less gas at the pump = good; taxes are bad for the people" was hilarious.

He answered every question with a paraphrase of that canned message even after the host asked... "so a tax that benefits every person in Canada while changing their behavior is bad? Why is that bad?"

Guess what? the same canned message. I'm going to take a political science course in night class and run cause the competition cannot speak or think very well at all!

People are stupid, and politicians have learned from trump, it's that simple.

Does anyone else have a problem where they cancelled their order because of the rebate being cancelled but only receiving a $1000 cheque? I thought Tesla offered a full refund including the order deposit.
You should be receiving a full refund, however it will take awhile. I requested a refund early July. They put the second payment ($3200) back on my card around early September. And this week I got a cheque from them in the mail for the initial deposit ($1000). Strange thing was that it was a cheque for $1000 USD. I could have sworn the deposit was in CAD. I'll take that as interest :p

You should be receiving a full refund, however it will take awhile. I requested a refund early July. They put the second payment ($3200) back on my card around early September. And this week I got a cheque from them in the mail for the initial deposit ($1000). Strange thing was that it was a cheque for $1000 USD. I could have sworn the deposit was in CAD. I'll take that as interest :p

I sense a good scam...

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG
So I just moved in to my new place and I order a $240 outlet in the Garage at 40 amps from the builder, it charges at 48 kph which is a lot faster than I thought I would get. It cost me $400.
That's what I have, charge rate of around 50kph is all you need, and it's cheap and easier to get approved by local electrical authorities, especially if you have a 100amp panel

The 4 cent reduction at the pumps has not happened yet but the rebates have been cancelled. At least we got our $7000.00 rebate just under the wire.

• Disagree
Reactions: gbertsch
Hey all

I've been following these (and predecessor) threads since earlier this year, way before the incentive program was cancelled. Placed my order in June, days before the swearing in and ran under the radar for quite a bit while deciding what to do, so I wasn't one of those forced to cancel or go ahead with the order with all that uncertainty like seemingly happened to many others.

With Tesla winning the lawsuit they brought and the Ontario government announcing on August 31 that they were allowing orders delivered before September 10 to be eligible to apply for the $14,000 incentive, Tesla was able to speed everything up and deliver my car on the very last day - September 10. So thankful!

Absolutely loving my Model 3! It's quite as awesome as I thought it would be and then some! :) ;)

Now for that 12% electricity rate reduction that the Premier promised, since I won't be benefiting directly from that "10 cents a Litre" reduction. :rolleyes:

The 4 cent reduction at the pumps has not happened yet but the rebates have been cancelled. At least we got our $7000.00 rebate just under the wire.

CBC Radio one ran a news segment about the ~1billion dollar Green funds that are sitting around doing nothing from the Cap and Trade. Remember Ford calling it a slush fund? Who wants to bet they'll try to use it as their own slush fund to make gas cheaper by whatever they promised? $20 big ones =P

CBC Radio one ran a news segment about the ~1billion dollar Green funds that are sitting around doing nothing from the Cap and Trade. Remember Ford calling it a slush fund? Who wants to bet they'll try to use it as their own slush fund to make gas cheaper by whatever they promised? $20 big ones =P
I'm not taking that bet, because I would clearly lose ;)

Reactions: adaptabl