Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted my MOF Analyst and he says my rebate has been approved and:

Payment is typically received within 3-4 weeks of the approval date. However, there have been some delays to both processing and payment times due to the high volume of applications, so it may be a little longer than the typical timeframe.

Annoying because just one week ago I got a reply saying they can't give ANY detailed information on processing and I should "continue to expect significant delays". Public sector at it's finest, wow.

I contacted my MOF Analyst and he says my rebate has been approved and:

Payment is typically received within 3-4 weeks of the approval date. However, there have been some delays to both processing and payment times due to the high volume of applications, so it may be a little longer than the typical timeframe.
What method of contact/number did you use? Haven’t made it anywhere close to an analyst yet.

What method of contact/number did you use? Haven’t made it anywhere close to an analyst yet.

Like we need an "analyst" to do a bunch of checks on the paperwork then key a cheque request into SAP - anyone literate with a decent checklist could do the job. I can't see how a motivated person can't process tens of applications a day - they should be chugging through the backlog now the flow has died off.

Roll on automation - this should have been an online application process in the first place. God only knows how much time is wasted while these legions of "analysts" print out our stuff and shuttle folders full of paper around. The least they could do is prove their added value with things like good human communication. /rant!

The program itself was "temporary" under the previous government, so I think they hired contract/ temporary staffs to review applications and send payment requests to MOF. The new government almost "shut down" everything including hiring externally while they are reviewing the books. Thus, we may have x staffs before (and they are months behind) and now we may have 1-2 staffs to process everything. Do expect everything slow like hell because nothing is moving until the new government figure out what they want to do.

When Government wants money you owe them, they don't have as much patience for this incompetence!!

I wonder if the dealerships who process rebates on behalf of customers have to wait so long, or are they ahead of the cue

Well, the PCs did give the dealerships insider information on the wind down to order lots of cars and have them delivered before Sept 10th. Soooooooo 2 months for dealers and 4-8months for general public. #findingefficiencies