Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my rebate today! Submitted June 4th.

I was looking over the EVHIP Guide and saw this...

K.4 Data Provision
You must agree to collect and provide data on your vehicle use upon request for the first 12 months that you
own/lease your vehicle after the registration date.

Do I have to do anything going forward or can I now forget about it?

My understanding is that Tesla honours the 'after delivery' price quoted to you at time of order, might be worth checking with them. Also, not sure if you received the 30 day trial, but I believe part of that trial included a discounted price if added
This is my understanding as well.

I've tried every avenue I can - price is $10,200 now and if the trial doesn't pop up for you, nothing they can do.
Were you also trying to get it after delivery as well?
BTW, where did you get $10,200 from - isn't the after-delivery price $9,200?

Reactions: 03DSG
Do I have to do anything going forward or can I now forget about it?
The operative words in that statement were "upon request". So, you can forget about it for now as they haven't requested anything. It just means that you've given prior consent to them using data about your purchase/use and if they send you a questionaire/survey you'll need to fill it out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Starvin and Ludatik
Also June 4th morning submission, nothing yet. Called MOF and they told me they can no longer access specific files, but if you got the automated response "It will be processed and paid out by the end of March 2019"

May be because too many people calling. They stopped to check individual files. My godness. June 5th submission, nothing yet.

Okay, got it.

Any specific reason you're looking to get EAP now vs when you had first ordered the car, i.e. what has changed.

The trial swayed me - nice work Tesla! It was a lot more useful than I expected, especially reducing stress in traffic - I don't think I really researched it enough before I finalized my order TBH and the cost to add later was a lot smaller then. $10k just seems a little bit too much. I can certainly live without it, maybe they'll do another push for buyers sometime in the future. My 12yo said yesterday that Tesla should give it cheap as a Xmas present - love that idea! :)

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
The trial swayed me - nice work Tesla! It was a lot more useful than I expected, especially reducing stress in traffic - I don't think I really researched it enough before I finalized my order TBH and the cost to add later was a lot smaller then. $10k just seems a little bit too much. I can certainly live without it, maybe they'll do another push for buyers sometime in the future. My 12yo said yesterday that Tesla should give it cheap as a Xmas present - love that idea! :)
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Tesla offered a reduced price deal right near the end of the quarter.

Haha, they got you with the trial - nice. So, isn't the upgrade price a reduced one right after the trial? I thought that's how they were doing it.

June 4th for me, called mid October and was told it's been processed should see something 2nd week of Nov if nothing by the end of November call in. Called in and now being told they have no system to check what's been processed.. all will be done by end of March 2019.

June 4th for me, called mid October and was told it's been processed should see something 2nd week of Nov if nothing by the end of November call in. Called in and now being told they have no system to check what's been processed.. all will be done by end of March 2019.

‘No system to check what’s been processed’ appears to be the new canned response. Probably overloaded from processing the big June push Model 3 push. A month ago they confirmed mine was received and in the system.