Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably so many people calling with the same questions so easier to provide a canned response so folks would stop calling. LOL

Nah, they're just horribly disorganized and inefficient. My bet would be that every incoming email and attachment got printed and they're just working through giant stacks of paper, different piles per print/email date. They told me weeks ago there was no way to give updates on progress despite previously and subsequently giving other people more detailed updates.

Stuff like this should always be outsourced - doing anything new in a quick and efficient way is not what the public sector is good at.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Nah, they're just horribly disorganized and inefficient. My bet would be that every incoming email and attachment got printed and they're just working through giant stacks of paper, different piles per print/email date. They told me weeks ago there was no way to give updates on progress despite previously and subsequently giving other people more detailed updates.

Stuff like this should always be outsourced - doing anything new in a quick and efficient way is not what the public sector is good at.

Outsourced a 2 times the price. No thanks. Probably just an overworked under staffed department.

Applied for rebate on June 1 ~ 4pm. Saw rebate in my bank account on Dec 1 .. exactly 6 months to the day.

I had called them about 3 weeks earlier and they gave me canned response that they dont have a way to see what is processed etc etc. However, when I called them on Nov 30th (1 day before I saw it in my bank), I got an agent who told me that I should see the money that same day or on Sat, Dec 1st.

The first time I had called the agent refused to even ask my address or date of application or any such info before giving canned response so I think it is based on your luck of agent.

If you are desperate to find out status, call again otherwise be patient. Rebate will show up.

I just called the Ministry of Finance to try and get an update.

Spoke to a customer service agent and was informed that vehicle rebates are now being handled by the Ministry of Transportation. Charger rebates are still being handled by the Ministry of Finance.

The number for Ministry of Transport for EVIP inquiries is 1-866-767-0638. You don't get an opportunity to speak to a human being. You can leave a voice message, which they say they will respond to in 2 business days, or you can send an inquiry by e-mail to [email protected]

I guess they got tired of all the phone calls :(

I just called the Ministry of Finance to try and get an update.

Spoke to a customer service agent and was informed that vehicle rebates are now being handled by the Ministry of Transportation. Charger rebates are still being handled by the Ministry of Finance.

The number for Ministry of Transport for EVIP inquiries is 1-866-767-0638. You don't get an opportunity to speak to a human being. You can leave a voice message, which they say they will respond to in 2 business days, or you can send an inquiry by e-mail to [email protected]

I guess they got tired of all the phone calls :(

Wow, that's huge. I'd say it's going to slow things down significantly while they do that transition. Let's hope they don't lose too many applications in the process. They're really finding any way to try to make this more painful eh? Thanks Doug.

Wow, that's huge. I'd say it's going to slow things down significantly while they do that transition. Let's hope they don't lose too many applications in the process. They're really finding any way to try to make this more painful eh? Thanks Doug.

I agree. No EVIP rebate received posts this past week. Was expecting some over the last couple of days.

I agree. No EVIP rebate received posts this past week. Was expecting some over the last couple of days.

Yeah I sense this might be more shenanigans from Dougie. I wonder if there's even a service standard on the applications - did they say the maximum amount of time they would take to pay us? If there isn't, in theory they could just put one part-time person on this in the MoT and spend years going through the stack of applications. That would stick it to us "millionaires".

If they are really aiming to get this all closed off as quickly as possible it doesn't make any sense to transfer the work to a completely different department.

Reactions: adaptabl and 03DSG
Yeah I sense this might be more shenanigans from Dougie. I wonder if there's even a service standard on the applications - did they say the maximum amount of time they would take to pay us? If there isn't, in theory they could just put one part-time person on this in the MoT and spend years going through the stack of applications. That would stick it to us "millionaires".

If they are really aiming to get this all closed off as quickly as possible it doesn't make any sense to transfer the work to a completely different department.
IIRC, 31 Mar 2019 is the drop dead date. Last day of current fiscal year.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
Cool! Your all done. There have been no EV rebates received announcements this past week on the applicable threads here. With the EVIP admin being transferred from Finance to Transport I sense a significant delay in the works.

Someone on Canadian FB group posted the following on Thurs 12/6 after speaking with someone at MOT: "guy said they took over Monday [12/3], rejigged the system and have a dedicated team. When they took over on Monday they were at June 4 and today they were at June 6, it's going faster. He expects to be at June 8 early next week"