Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received this email, if this calms any nerves. June 5th submission.

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team
haha, you beat me to the punch. :p

I just got this in my e-mail:

"
Electric and Hydrogen Vehicles Incentive Program (MTO) <[email protected]>

11:50 AM (6 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Electric
cleardot.gif

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team
"

LOL

Recieved the same email this morning.
You guys are you quick =).
June 5th submission.

June 5’th here as well. Recieved the same email this morning. Thanks to @Flexbomb for providing the Ombudsman link and making the complaint submission much easier. I doubt it’s just coincidence we all got the same email today.

You would think EFT would be much more efficient than mailed cheque’s. My take is that unlike Finance, Transport doesn’t have an established EFT payment system.

Will be interesting now to see the mailing timeline.

Last edited:
Sent in my complaint yesterday... June 6th submission but I've yet to receive an email (other than my complaint has been submitted). Nothing on my EVCIP/charger rebate as that was submitted June 21st.
For the charger rebate, you might want to call MOF as I called earlier this week to get an update and someone messed up internally because they are now processing June 30th submission and I submitted on June 13th. MOF said they will get someone to check and give me a call back with regards to a status.

For the charger rebate, you might want to call MOF as I called earlier this week to get an update and someone messed up internally because they are now processing June 30th submission and I submitted on June 13th. MOF said they will get someone to check and give me a call back with regards to a status.
Do you have the number handy by chance? My installer submitted my charger rebate on June 15. I've not received anything yet.

1-866-668-8297
Apparently the date of submission is different from the date on which the staff enters into the system.
Spoke to MOF and apparently the date of submission is different from the date on which the staff enters into the system so that's why you probably haven't received it yet. Even thought I submitted on June 13, my application didn't get entered until August 7, so probably won't get it until March 31st. The only thing is to wait at this point. Hope that helps.

Think this makes my point on how much I care for this POS government's policies :)?

- - -

Hello,

It appears the Doug Ford PCs are doing everything in their power to delay the payout of the EV rebate to all qualified parties including dealers that it previously tried to protect by excluding Tesla. Fun fact, they've made a backroom deal to honour all cancelled orders that their discriminatory policy failed to eliminate from their namely dubbed "Liberal Slush Fund". That same fund they're fighting tooth and nail to delay payouts from. It has been over seven months from the day I took delivery on my new electric vehicle. This government for no good reason transferred the rebate processing from the MFO to the MTO - costing taxpayers time and money since the new department's staff have to be retrained in the processes; further delaying 14000 CAD that incentivized forward thinking Ontarians to purchase a green vehicle to help meet our Paris climate change emission goals as a country.

For a government that spams the slogan "for the people" or "putting back money to hard-working Ontarians pockets" - I don't see any action to honour such promises to the people.

Every policy enacted by this government has done the opposite and cost taxpayers more money with wish-wash impromptu bills; just to name a few:

1. TeslaGate (they’re paying out anyways, abate very very very slowly).
  2. 6-Million Dollar Man = Guy got to retire early and get a huge bonus!
  3. Avista 124million penalty = DC doesn’t want foreign ownership; this doesn’t help.
  4. Downsizing Toronto City Council = paying more overtime, less work being done.
  5. Cancelling 90% completed windfarm project = eliminating any future business with Global Energy giants.
  6. Cancelling Cap and Trade = 3billion owe to Ontario businesses who purchased credits and 30million to fight a losing lawsuit.
  7. Eliminating MinCome = crippling Ontarians who are striving to re-educate and enter the workforce to contribute.
  8. Poor management of cannabis rollout (I smell back room deals to grant licenses; calling this one now for 6 months down the road).

Correct me if I'm wrong - is it not up to the OMB's office to provide oversight on the runaway disaster this government has turned out to be in a short seven months in power? If the AG has any backbone and ambition for a future in politics - she needs to get out of her bubble and call out this government for its incompetence and call another election.

Best,

Jack

Proud Tesla Model 3 owner - patiently awaiting a large check to pay bills.

I think they saved money with the Telsa rebate cancellation. They created enough uncertainty that many potential buyers bought other ICE cars or something else (IE an AWD model). The total Ontario payout is most likely lower than if they would of included Telsa until Sept 11th like all other manufacturers.

• Disagree
Reactions: noicepls