Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean they cancelled your application because it got written off, or you'd already been paid and they asked for the money back?
Yeah they had not issued my payment but sent me an email saying that I have not met the criteria of holding the car for 12 months and decisions made are final and cannot be changed by any means. I proceeded to ask how am I supposed to replace the car if I don't get a rebate, they've essentially made the replacement cost 13k more for the Honda but they don't care. Doug is beginning his support of big oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: adaptabl
Yeah they had not issued my payment but sent me an email saying that I have not met the criteria of holding the car for 12 months and decisions made are final and cannot be changed by any means. I proceeded to ask how am I supposed to replace the car if I don't get a rebate, they've essentially made the replacement cost 13k more for the Honda but they don't care. Doug is beginning his support of big oil.

At least it sounds like it won't be from your own pocket.

June 8 Submission:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your application is currently being reviewed. The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. The Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Regards,
Jackie
EHVIP Team

• Love
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
June 8 Submission:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your application is currently being reviewed. The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. The Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Regards,
Jackie
EHVIP Team

Got the same response as yours.

June 4th

This is the respond I got..

My apologies for the delay. The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and the Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Thank you,
Jackie

FYI don't get into an accident(write-off) within one year . They will make you pay it back . They cancelled my rebate when I got into an accident with a Clarity after 4 months of ownership. The insurance will cover you for the car cost but you will lose the rebate. Public service announcement.
Did you replace it with another EV that would have met the requirement for the rebate?

My 3 got crushed in a tornado, so I replaced it with another. If they're gonna withhold the rebate because I was victim to a natural disaster, I'm gonna be pissed.

FYI don't get into an accident(write-off) within one year . They will make you pay it back . They cancelled my rebate when I got into an accident with a Clarity after 4 months of ownership. The insurance will cover you for the car cost but you will lose the rebate. Public service announcement.

My question is did you insure the car at full amount or car cost minus rebate. My insurance company has insists that I need insure full amount. In that case, if total, insurance would pay for you to get another Tesla. That’s regardless of rebate.