Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the email from MTO - Applied June 13th.

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team

I have got the check.

Now new problem, it wrote both me and my wife’s name. My wife travel internationally for about a month from now. I called Scotia online banking asking if I could mobile deposit this check into the joint account with only my signature on the back. The Scotia mobile banking guys says it is okay.

Later my wife said that last time, RBC teller won’t allow her to deposit such both name check into the joint account without my signature.

My godness, to get this rebate never easy.

I have got the check.

Now new problem, it wrote both me and my wife’s name. My wife travel internationally for about a month from now. I called Scotia online banking asking if I could mobile deposit this check into the joint account with only my signature on the back. The Scotia mobile banking guys says it is okay.

Later my wife said that last time, RBC teller won’t allow her to deposit such both name check into the joint account without my signature.

My godness, to get this rebate never easy.

You should be able to deposit a cheque payable to both of you into any joint account you both have. Signature is not required. You can even deposit it in an ATM associated with your bank.

Got the cheque! June 6 delivery and application. Feels good! Hope you all get yours soon. Car feels cheaper now lol. Now to pay down the loan or invest...

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the cheque to arrive after receiving the approval email? Someone who posted a picture of their cheque earlier shows the Ministry Of Finance issuing the cheque, even though the Ministry Of Transport is handling the rebate now (Not sure if this is always the case for cheques received from the provincial government).