Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you can see from the picture below, the first page is called "Vehicle Configuration", it clearly shows the following information

Model 3
Long Range
Real-wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic
VIN
etc

and itemize the price of each one to arrive at the final price. I believe what they are looking for is the base price is below $75,000 (of course, we know that, and they know that). However, yours just shows the final amount... may be that's what the problem is. I would suggest you contact your DA, and ask them to send you something similar

upload_2019-2-4_14-34-14.png

As you can see from the picture below, the first page is called "Vehicle Configuration", it clearly shows the following information

Model 3
Long Range
Real-wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic
VIN
etc

and itemize the price of each one to arrive at the final price. I believe what they are looking for is the base price is below $75,000 (of course, we know that, and they know that). However, yours just shows the final amount... may be that's what the problem is. I would suggest you contact your DA, and ask them to send you something similar

View attachment 374485
In my case, I did not send the configuration sheets with the final purchase agreement in my application. After they emailed me for the configuration sheets, I sent it to them and got the approval confirmation on the same day.

Oh, one more thing. If you log on to your Tesla account, you will see a picture of your car, click Manage, then click View Details, and on the bottom right, you should see

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

just click View, and you see your agreement, the Vehicle Configuration page should be the first page you see, just send it in..

Hope that helps

Oh, one more thing. If you log on to your Tesla account, you will see a picture of your car, click Manage, then click View Details, and on the bottom right, you should see

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

just click View, and you see your agreement, the Vehicle Configuration page should be the first page you see, just send it in..

Hope that helps
Found that. Thanks. Now if only they’d reply to my inquiries.

Submitted June 10th
Emailed EHVIP for Update January 28, 2019
Received Response on February 1, 2019 indicating application incomplete requiring the configuration sheet confirming vehicle trim (this is BS, the final sell sheet has this info and likely no other manufacturer has such a sheet)
Responded back to EHVIP with Configurator Sheet as requested February 1st
Received Email from EHVIP February 4th (today) indicating application is processed and to expect payment in minimum 3 weeks.

Just to rant a bit, needing to ask for a follow up to find out your application was incomplete and wanting something not listed/overlapping in the application so many months later is just plain stupid. Soon they're going to stall more by asking for a copy of the email for you signed up for the initial deposit, the insurance info associated with your car, and finally a photo the Tesla guy took of you smiling in front of the car on pick-up day! (note the sarcasm).

I would suggest for those waiting patiently hoping the system will work itself out to just send a quick response to EHVIP that you applied with and ask a quick "hey, my name is ____, my VIN is ____, just want to check up on my application. thanks". Could save you a few weeks.

I'm glad it's almost over. Cashing my cheque in and moving on to monetize on the next program the government is willing to incentivize to gain votes. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I believe that is the Motor Vehicel Purchase Agreement. On the First page, it is the Vehicel Configuration with the VIN, Trim and Price etc.
Mine is 5 pages with Tesla Rep and my signature on last page.

Thanks. I did send that in my original submission. And yesterday I resent the same doc back to them (less NVIS), and this time they said all is well and I'm now in line for payment, but minimal wait of 3 weeks. So they just hold up my application because they didn't review carefully. Anyway, I'll take it as long as the cheque comes soon.

Thanks. I did send that in my original submission. And yesterday I resent the same doc back to them (less NVIS), and this time they said all is well and I'm now in line for payment, but minimal wait of 3 weeks. So they just hold up my application because they didn't review carefully. Anyway, I'll take it as long as the cheque comes soon.
Which email address were you using to communicate with them? How long did it take you to hear anything. I emailed last week and haven’t heard a thing.

Submitted June 10th
Emailed EHVIP for Update January 28, 2019
Received Response on February 1, 2019 indicating application incomplete requiring the configuration sheet confirming vehicle trim (this is BS, the final sell sheet has this info and likely no other manufacturer has such a sheet)
Responded back to EHVIP with Configurator Sheet as requested February 1st
Received Email from EHVIP February 4th (today) indicating application is processed and to expect payment in minimum 3 weeks.

Just to rant a bit, needing to ask for a follow up to find out your application was incomplete and wanting something not listed/overlapping in the application so many months later is just plain stupid. Soon they're going to stall more by asking for a copy of the email for you signed up for the initial deposit, the insurance info associated with your car, and finally a photo the Tesla guy took of you smiling in front of the car on pick-up day! (note the sarcasm).

I would suggest for those waiting patiently hoping the system will work itself out to just send a quick response to EHVIP that you applied with and ask a quick "hey, my name is ____, my VIN is ____, just want to check up on my application. thanks". Could save you a few weeks.

I'm glad it's almost over. Cashing my cheque in and moving on to monetize on the next program the government is willing to incentivize to gain votes. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are your last 2 lines also sarcasm or do you actually believe this was a program designed to gain votes?

Reactions: akaluana
Are your last 2 lines also sarcasm or do you actually believe this was a program designed to gain votes?
Watch The Rules for Rules video by CGP Grey on Youtube when you have some time! Sarcasm is not how I would describe walking into a bank to deposit the check - that would be pure joy :). The other half is explained in the video but the summary is no, it really isn't sarcasm - it's more of a mix between logical, metaphorical, and philosophical.

June 8th Submission. Jan 4 Ombudsman complaint (no follow up other than standard email) Jan 22 approval email. Check Received Feb. 4. Thankfully the wait is over and it seems that the checks are being issued. Good luck and best wishes to everyone who is still waiting.

Hear anything back? I just got an email finally asking for the configuration sheet. Sent it in within minutes. We’ll see.

Yes, they replied back shortly after saying it was their mistake and my rebate was processed. Seems they also have “cases” open and asked that I let them know when my cheque has arrived so they can close my “case”. Should I wait 8 or so months to say anything? :cool: