Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, one more thing. If you log on to your Tesla account, you will see a picture of your car, click Manage, then click View Details, and on the bottom right, you should see

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

just click View, and you see your agreement, the Vehicle Configuration page should be the first page you see, just send it in..

Hope that helps

That's the info I posted before.

That's the info I posted before.

Here is my agreement. First page. That is the one I sent them. It doesn't say CONFIGURATION, possibly it was the reason for delay. Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 5.16.48 PM.png

That page is your configuration as it specifically shows the 'Long Range Battery' and 'RWD' which are conditions of the incentive. Thats what they need to see to validate.

I know, but they received it from me on June 11/2018. My guess that the word configuration is missing and that's probably the reason for the delay. Will try to explain them. Thanks!

I got my rebate yesterday. A cheque in the mail for 7K. Purchased Sept 8 2018, submitted Oct 1 2018.

Interesting later in the day I got an email:

Hello,

MTO has reviewed your application for the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) and it has been approved for payment.

Payments generally take 10-15 business days to be processed. All payments are being issued by cheque and not by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). The incentive will be paid to the applicant listed on the application. If there has been a change of address from what was listed on the application, please notify MTO as soon as possible.

Thank you,
EHVIP Team

The cheque was before the email.

• Disagree
Reactions: Buggle and Switzch
Last week I got email that my application was approved and the cheque is in the mail. Today I got email that they need more info. WTF.
Are they working two people on one application? Do they now what are they doing? More headache and more wait.

I got my rebate yesterday. A cheque in the mail for 7K. Purchased Sept 8 2018, submitted Oct 1 2018.

Crazy that you got it so fast if your submission was Oct 1st. If this is true, they cannot be going in order received like they claim. I submitted Sept 10th and they are saying to expect payment before March 31st. Seem like the Tesla buyers are getting screwed again ;|

Did you escalate your submission through the ombudsman or through the MOT or MOF?

Last edited:
Crazy that you got it so fast if your submission was Oct 1st. If this is true, they cannot be going in order received like they claim. I submitted Sept 10th and they are saying to expect payment before March 31st. Seem like the Tesla buyers are getting screwed again ;|

Did you escalate your submission through the ombudsman or through the MOT or MOF?
Another example of the Tesla factor for sure....

Didn't contact them since I submitted the application and received confirmation. I figured it would be a long time since I was at the end of the program. Nice surprise.

• Disagree
Reactions: Buggle
Delivery: Jun 9, 2018
Submission: Jun 11, 2018
Email sent to EHVIP asking about application: Feb 5, 2019
Email from Ashley at EHVIP with 10-15 days for payment and approved: Feb 11, 2019 (Hi ***** email - personal)
Email from EHVIP with approval for payment: Feb 19, 2019 (generic "Dear Applicant" email)
Email from EVIP(MTO) with approval for payment: Feb 21, 2019 (generic "Hello" email)

If I could only cash emails, I'd be doing pretty well-but does one hand know what the other hand is doing?

It is comical how it seems most others (non-Tesla EV rebates) are well into August submissions and Tesla Model 3 owners are still struggling with June submissions. As well it seems that no matter what paperwork you submitted they always need more or something verified, even though it is the SAME damn paperwork submitted.
I am in disbelief that there could be that many Ford supporters.
I am September 1st delivery and submission, can't anticipate what they have in store for me when it comes time!!!

It is comical how it seems most others (non-Tesla EV rebates) are well into August submissions and Tesla Model 3 owners are still struggling with June submissions. As well it seems that no matter what paperwork you submitted they always need more or something verified, even though it is the SAME damn paperwork submitted.
I am in disbelief that there could be that many Ford supporters.
I am September 1st delivery and submission, can't anticipate what they have in store for me when it comes time!!!

Yah, odd for sure but not surprising. They are clearly not following the first come first served mantra. Maybe they are prioritizing applications submitted by dealers?