Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why we will have to wait a long time to get our rebates........
What we know... Q1 2018 there were 2244 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario (389 non eligible S, X, Porches, I8 & 740E). In Q2 estimates are 4808 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario. I don't think there were a lot sold between July 1 and 11, either way we have enough for a couple of calculations.

Total Jan 1 - Jun 30 2018 = 7052 eligible vehicles. Assuming rebate office has 3 staff working on rebates (probably plus 1 supervisor and 1 admin), and assuming each staff working of rebates can process 1 per hour (who knows how motivated they are now!), that means that they can process 24 (3 x 8) per day x 5 days a week =120 per week or 58.7 weeks to process all applications. I applied on June 22nd. If I receive my before July 2019 I will be pleasantly surprised. I was going to subtract vacation and sick time from the calculation but I think I have depressed you enough already.

Why we will have to wait a long time to get our rebates........
What we know... Q1 2018 there were 2244 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario (389 non eligible S, X, Porches, I8 & 740E). In Q2 estimates are 4808 eligible vehicles sold in Ontario. I don't think there were a lot sold between July 1 and 11, either way we have enough for a couple of calculations.

Total Jan 1 - Jun 30 2018 = 7052 eligible vehicles. Assuming rebate office has 3 staff working on rebates (probably plus 1 supervisor and 1 admin), and assuming each staff working of rebates can process 1 per hour (who knows how motivated they are now!), that means that they can process 24 (3 x 8) per day x 5 days a week =120 per week or 58.7 weeks to process all applications. I applied on June 22nd. If I receive my before July 2019 I will be pleasantly surprised. I was going to subtract vacation and sick time from the calculation but I think I have depressed you enough already.

please re-do the calculation based on my assumptions...... 3 supervisors, 2 admin, 1 worker.....

Lol, the Ford Regressive Conservatives looking for more loopholes to deny the rebate to Tesla buyers?

I wouldn't joke about that, it'd be my fear. Did you guys hear about the several hundred million dollar wind farm project that was 90% complete, then the Ford govt cancelled the contract and passed legislation immunizing them from a lawsuit over it? These are not nice people we're dealing with. They've learned a thing or two from Trump. The German ambassador has raised the issue. That poor German company....out all that money...