Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is the team processing these were contractors and when Dougies penny-pinchers came round and found all the money being spent to pay greeny-millionaires, the team got the chop, probably all shi$-canned for 31-Dec. I feel like they might have just bundled up all the outstanding applications and shipped them to MTO, maybe because they have some capacity.

Having said that, if the tax thing is true it would give them an excuse to do nothing else on these applications until April.

Do they actually have any obligation to pay the money out and any obligation to do so in a timely manner? I could easily see them just giving us the finger. I’m sure Doug can whip up lots of hate for us millionaires and there’ll be little pity.

This is what I got:

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that the Ministry has your EHVIP application. Please note the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has experienced significant uptake that have impacted application processing and payment timelines. We are dealing with a large volume of applications. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and each application is reviewed for completeness and compliance; only complete, compliant applicants can be processed and approved for payment. The Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Regards,
Jackie

EHVIP Team

I sent an email to MTO on Dec7th and never got a response, so I forwarded the message back to them today and got the same response as above, word for word. I responded back and asked how much longer they expected this to take, considering its already been 7 months.

I also filed a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Think this makes my point on how much I care for this POS government's policies :)?

- - -

Hello,

It appears the Doug Ford PCs are doing everything in their power to delay the payout of the EV rebate to all qualified parties including dealers that it previously tried to protect by excluding Tesla. Fun fact, they've made a backroom deal to honour all cancelled orders that their discriminatory policy failed to eliminate from their namely dubbed "Liberal Slush Fund". That same fund they're fighting tooth and nail to delay payouts from. It has been over seven months from the day I took delivery on my new electric vehicle. This government for no good reason transferred the rebate processing from the MFO to the MTO - costing taxpayers time and money since the new department's staff have to be retrained in the processes; further delaying 14000 CAD that incentivized forward thinking Ontarians to purchase a green vehicle to help meet our Paris climate change emission goals as a country.

For a government that spams the slogan "for the people" or "putting back money to hard-working Ontarians pockets" - I don't see any action to honour such promises to the people.

Every policy enacted by this government has done the opposite and cost taxpayers more money with wish-wash impromptu bills; just to name a few:

1. TeslaGate (they’re paying out anyways, abate very very very slowly).
  2. 6-Million Dollar Man = Guy got to retire early and get a huge bonus!
  3. Avista 124million penalty = DC doesn’t want foreign ownership; this doesn’t help.
  4. Downsizing Toronto City Council = paying more overtime, less work being done.
  5. Cancelling 90% completed windfarm project = eliminating any future business with Global Energy giants.
  6. Cancelling Cap and Trade = 3billion owe to Ontario businesses who purchased credits and 30million to fight a losing lawsuit.
  7. Eliminating MinCome = crippling Ontarians who are striving to re-educate and enter the workforce to contribute.
  8. Poor management of cannabis rollout (I smell back room deals to grant licenses; calling this one now for 6 months down the road).

Correct me if I'm wrong - is it not up to the OMB's office to provide oversight on the runaway disaster this government has turned out to be in a short seven months in power? If the AG has any backbone and ambition for a future in politics - she needs to get out of her bubble and call out this government for its incompetence and call another election.

Best,

Jack

Proud Tesla Model 3 owner - patiently awaiting a large check to pay bills.

Last edited:
I just received this email, if this calms any nerves. June 5th submission.

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team

I just received this email, if this calms any nerves. June 5th submission.

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team
June 6th submission.

Got the same email just now too.

Reactions: noicepls