Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I think there must be at least one lawyer driving a M3. How about a class action law suit for interest costs and stress of carrying $14K on my line of credit! There must be some paper trail of our idiot Premier telling his underlings to screw Tesla owners since he lost the law suit that Tesla filed against the gov't. (No I am not a conspiracy nut, just a pissed off EV owner!)

FYI don't get into an accident(write-off) within one year . They will make you pay it back . They cancelled my rebate when I got into an accident with a Clarity after 4 months of ownership. The insurance will cover you for the car cost but you will lose the rebate. Public service announcement.

Do you mean they cancelled your application because it got written off, or you'd already been paid and they asked for the money back?

• Love
Reactions: ajintor
Do you mean they cancelled your application because it got written off, or you'd already been paid and they asked for the money back?

I think what he mean is if you get into accident where the car is written
Off, u don’t have to return the incentive if it happens after one year.
Even if insurance pay for the full cost.

The rule is you have to hold on to the car for at least a year. If it’s a total loss accident during first year, u don’t hold the car for a year

I think what he mean is if you get into accident where the car is written
Off, u don’t have to return the incentive if it happens after one year.
Even if insurance pay for the full cost.

The rule is you have to hold on to the car for at least a year. If it’s a total loss accident during first year, u don’t hold the car for a year

By the time we got the rebate there will be only three months left for the 1st year. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Falcon3 and Falkirk