Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I just received the following message from Ontario Ombudsman.

"I have been assigned carriage of your complaint regarding the delay in processing your Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Inventive Program (EHVIP) application, and I have reviewed your web submission.

If your rebate cheque remains outstanding, I will initiate inquiries with the government, but require the following information before proceeding:

· Do I have your consent to follow up on your EHVIP application?

· Date of your application

· Name of the applicant

· Make and model of vehicle

If your matter has since been resolved and you have received your cheque, I would appreciate confirmation of this as well."

What do you guys think. Should I go ahead with the complaint or wait some more? Sent application June 7.

Received the same yesterday, provided him the requested details and updated status.

After following up couple days ago on an email I sent a week ago to [email protected] (for which I received no response), I finally received a response from the MTO.

They claim our application was processed and placed on hold due to a missing bill of sale (god knows when they would have reached out to me to let me know if I hadn't inquired twice).

So the bill of sale was definitely submitted initially with the application on June 6th, and I resent it again yesterday. But maybe I have the wrong document?

For the bill of sale, is that not the signed "Mobile Vehicle Purchase Agreement" that was signed and provided by Tesla upon delivery? I'm hoping I have that right and they simply lost it.

Just got an email from the EHVIP team again

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued bycheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team

Dear Applicant:

Your application under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has been approved for payment.

This message is to notify you that, in order to accelerate payment processing, all payments are being issued by cheque. These payments will not be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

The incentive amount will be paid to the name listed on the application and the cheque will be mailed to the address listed on the application.

If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-767-0638.

EHVIP Team

This just ended up in my mailbox today....

June 6th, 2018 application submition
Jan 17th, 2019 consent to the obudsman to make inquire about my application
Jan 18th, 2019 got email from EHVIP saying application is approved and payment will be issue by cheque. No specific ETA mentioned in email.

Jan 18th, 2019 got email from EHVIP saying application is approved and payment will be issue by cheque. No specific ETA mentioned in email.

When the EHVIP team responded to me this past Monday, they said it takes 15-20 days from approval.

I'm also wondering how cutting manual cheques is more efficient than direct deposit.

Reactions: 03DSG

My timing on this is exactly the same.
June 6 2018 submitted application
Jan 17 2019 consent to ombudsman to investigate on my behalf
Jan 18 2019 received email from EHVIP saying application is approved and payment will be issued by cheque

At least things are moving

When the EHVIP team responded to me this past Monday, they said it takes 15-20 days from approval.

I'm also wondering how cutting manual cheques is more efficient than direct deposit.

I'm with you Tony ... their statement does not have an internal logical consistency.
But wait ... they are giving me some of my money back ... so I'm cool .

Also got the email ... sent an email to the Ombudsman to "stand down".

Reactions: Tony_YYZ