Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the cheque to arrive after receiving the approval email? Someone who posted a picture of their cheque earlier shows the Ministry Of Finance issuing the cheque, even though the Ministry Of Transport is handling the rebate now (Not sure if this is always the case for cheques received from the provincial government).

10 days for me. Got the email on the 11’th and the cheque on the 21’st.

10 days for me. Got the email on the 11’th and the cheque on the 21’st.

Pretty much the same for me - email on the 11th, received cheque 22nd.

I wonder if they just streamlined the whole thing - check a few basics, get the cheques out and shut the thing down ASAP. That would explain the sudden flood of payments. Glad to just put it behind me and forget about it. I can go off and count my millions now.

Reactions: jjtsl
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the cheque to arrive after receiving the approval email? Someone who posted a picture of their cheque earlier shows the Ministry Of Finance issuing the cheque, even though the Ministry Of Transport is handling the rebate now (Not sure if this is always the case for cheques received from the provincial government).
Approval email was Jan 11th, received it in the mail Jan 22nd. Cheque does say Ministry of Finance.

June 4 th submission - I feel like I must be the last June 4th applicant left! After poking them a few times and going to the ombudsman, I received an email last week indicating that my file was under review. Today I received a query to resubmit my registration as my package wasn’t complete. Just now received the following email

“This is to confirm we have received your revision’s and your application is now in line for payment. Please note that due to the volume of applications in line for payment this process will take a minimum of 3 weeks.
Thank you,
EHVIP Team”

Progress...

Having been unsuccessful trying to get a response from the EHVIP email address for over a week... I called the Ombudsman who gave me a phone number for the Policy & Planning Division at MTO (which I guess is how they reach out to them). Left a message with a very nice lady there who assured me she'd have the manager in charge of the EHVIP program call me back.

Received a call from someone in the Transportation Programs Office, who left a message saying my application has been approved and I should receive payment in 10 - 15 days.

Note sure if it had already been pointed out in this thread prior, but the Ombudsman did mention that they were told the reason the MTO took over was because the applications for dealerships were being processed by MTO where as the individual applications were being processed by MoF. Apparently it made sense to combine the the processing of both types of applications in one place, and such the MTO took over.

Having been unsuccessful trying to get a response from the EHVIP email address for over a week... I called the Ombudsman who gave me a phone number for the Policy & Planning Division at MTO (which I guess is how they reach out to them). Left a message with a very nice lady there who assured me she'd have the manager in charge of the EHVIP program call me back.

Received a call from someone in the Transportation Programs Office, who left a message saying my application has been approved and I should receive payment in 10 - 15 days.

Note sure if it had already been pointed out in this thread prior, but the Ombudsman did mention that they were told the reason the MTO took over was because the applications for dealerships were being processed by MTO where as the individual applications were being processed by MoF. Apparently it made sense to combine the the processing of both types of applications in one place, and such the MTO took over.

Can you share the phone number for the Policy & Planning Division please?

Delivery Jun 6th
Rebate application Jun 12th
Ombudsman complaint Jan 17th
Email from ombudsman requesting consent Jan 18th
Consent given Jan 18th
Call from MTO regarding my application being incomplete - missing final price sheet Jan 23rd
Final price sheet submitted Jan 23rd
Email from MTO that I've been approved and in line for payment Jan 24th

I submitted my application on Sept 10th. There was a huge group of people at this time due to the cut off. What is the best guess for payment during this date range? Should I follow up with the ombudsman or the MOF? I was expecting payment in March so it looks like this guess is somewhat on track based on June delivery's receiving payment over the past couple weeks.