Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having been unsuccessful trying to get a response from the EHVIP email address for over a week... I called the Ombudsman who gave me a phone number for the Policy & Planning Division at MTO (which I guess is how they reach out to them). Left a message with a very nice lady there who assured me she'd have the manager in charge of the EHVIP program call me back.

Received a call from someone in the Transportation Programs Office, who left a message saying my application has been approved and I should receive payment in 10 - 15 days.

Note sure if it had already been pointed out in this thread prior, but the Ombudsman did mention that they were told the reason the MTO took over was because the applications for dealerships were being processed by MTO where as the individual applications were being processed by MoF. Apparently it made sense to combine the the processing of both types of applications in one place, and such the MTO took over.

Got our cheque finally.

• Originally submitted June 2, same day as delivery, must rush to get in line for our $$.
  • After some talk online, checked my spam, sure enough the application bounced back due to evip mailbox full, resubmitted June 6th, so much for place in line.
  • Called MoF once a month till December to inquire about status, told each month they're almost at our application and to call back in a month, repeat 5 times.
  • December, no one picks up the phone anymore, it's been transferred to MTO. Must email, so email I did.
  • 3/5 emails ignored over the period of 1 month, now it's mid January.
  • Jump on the Ombudsman band wagon, still no replies. Oh wait, they lost our car info/pricing sheet. Resend, no replies.
  • Patience has run dry, now nearing end of January, found a backdoor (see my replied to post above).
  • Cheque issued Feb 1st, received Feb 7th.
  • Deposit coming soon to a bank branch near me.
Glad this is finally over. o_O

When are the folks post June/July following up? I got my car in Sept. Any recommendations? Should I start now?
I would think by the end of March 2019 as it’s the end of the fiscal year and the government will probably want to close the books on the rebates once and for all. Also the volume of applications would have drastically dropped after June 2018 to just a trickle and therefore they should be processed more quickly, hopefully. This is only my educated guess.

When are the folks post June/July following up? I got my car in Sept. Any recommendations? Should I start now?

Ya let’s hear from anyone in the September crew. I applied mid September and received the standard reply that they’ve received my application. I’m not sure if I should send an email to see if they have everything they need to process my funds.

EVIP Rebate team reached out to me on Friday for the same as others (copy of your original bill of sale including the final price sheet); I sent it right away (swear it was with the original submission) and they just confirmed I'm in line for payment in 3 weeks.

I submitted on June 6th.

PS I'm putting it directly on the RBC loan.

Eight months in I get a response that I'm missing my bill of sale and vehicle trim document. (June 15th purchase) Have now resent those and will see how it goes. Those were also sent the first time, so likely there was a bug somewhere in their world that dropped files. Either way, at least that's some form of contact.

Reactions: Darthbenji
Submission date: June 11, 2018

Emailed the EHVIP address Monday of last week by forwarding my original email submission and with all paperwork attached. Received a response yesterday (Monday) morning from Ashley at EHVIP Team with the standard "Application has been processed and approved..." note that others have reported.

Now the wait by the mailbox begins!

No email about missing signature from the government!!!! but the ombudsman is doing his job to inform me.

I am writing to provide the results of our office’s informal inquiries into your EHVIP application. The Ministry indicated your application was received and is pending because there are two names on registration and the Ministry needs both names and signatures on the signature page. My understanding is that applicants may resubmit documents or missing information to [email protected]. The Ministry also indicated that communications with applicants are ongoing, so pardon any repetition if you receive a similar update from the Ministry itself.

Regards,

Nick Continelli

Early Resolution Officer

416-586-3317

[email protected]

Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario | Bureau de l’Ombudsman de l’Ontario
1-800-263-1830 - Complaints Line | Ligne des plaintes
1-866-411-4211 - TTY | ATS