Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya let’s hear from anyone in the September crew. I applied mid September and received the standard reply that they’ve received my application. I’m not sure if I should send an email to see if they have everything they need to process my funds.

So I sent my application on:
  • Sept 18, 2018 - application
  • Jan 20, 2019 - reached out to the Ombudsman
  • Jan 21, 2019 - got back a reply from them asking for my consent
  • Jan 23, 2019 - they submitted an inquiry to the Ministry
  • Feb 4, 2019 - I followed up with them
  • Feb 5, 2019 - My rep says he is continuing to follow up with MTO
  • Feb 13, 2019 - He replied an said, "The Ministry indicated your application was received and is pending to be process"
I will follow-up again in early March if I hear nothing further....

I'd really like to to be a fly on the wall in the office where they process these rebates. My imagination have created some bizarre scenarios.

Ombudsman's office got back to me today. I was told my application was missing the configuration document....

Resubmitted. Original submission date - June 11th

So frustrated. Submitted around June 19th. Just got my cheque in the mail....and it has the wrong name on it.

Correct address, wrong name. And of course it's a long weekend.

Dreading what it's going to take to get them to issue a corrected cheque, and what am I supposed to do with this cheque. I'm assuming they won't just trust me to destroy it.

Anyone had this issue, searched everywhere, seems like I'm the lucky first.

checked my mail this weekend and cheque finally arrived.

June 5th - submitted application
Jan 18 - contacted Ombudsman and MTO
Jan 22 - MTO responded and asked for additional documents
Jan 23 - email from MTO confirming application is in line for payment
Feb 8 - email confirmation that application has been approved for payment
Feb 15 - cheque received

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I got my car on Sept 9th 2018 and submitted my application on the 10th. I followed up with the EHVIP people last week and got two separate reply's with valuable info. Thought I would share:

"We will be contacting you by the end of February if your application is missing information"
"The Ministry is working very hard and making best efforts to complete application processing by March 31 2019"

What email are u using to EHVIP?

Quite a number of us submitted it in Dec. Very Hopeful.

I emailed [email protected] following up on my car and charger application on Feb 14th (replying to my original submission)

I received the response back from [email protected] via Ashley on Feb 15th:

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that the Ministry has your EHVIP application and its being processed. Please note the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has experienced significant uptake that have impacted application processing and payment timelines. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and we have reviewed all applications submitted and only complete, compliant applicants can be processed and approved for payment. We will be contacting you by the end of February if your application is missing information. Approved applications are processed for payment. If there has been a change in the address listed on the application, please notify MTO as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued patience,
Ashley
EHVIP Team​

I received a response back from [email protected] on Feb 19th.

As per the EVC application, there has been a high volume of applications in recent months, processing timeframes have lengthened.
Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and each application is reviewed for completeness and compliance.
The Ministry is working very hard and making best efforts to complete application processing by March 31 2019.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Received a letter from ombudsman today. "I am writing to provide the results of our office’s informal inquiries into your EHVIP application. The Ministry indicated your application was received and is pending because the vehicle configuration document is missing. My understanding is that this document flows from Tesla and that missing documents can be resubmitted to [email protected]."
I believe I sent them everything I had. Could anybody tell me how exactly this document looks like?

Received a letter from ombudsman today. "I am writing to provide the results of our office’s informal inquiries into your EHVIP application. The Ministry indicated your application was received and is pending because the vehicle configuration document is missing. My understanding is that this document flows from Tesla and that missing documents can be resubmitted to [email protected]."
I believe I sent them everything I had. Could anybody tell me how exactly this document looks like?

The document that includes your vehicle configuration is page 1 and 2 of the MVPA available for you to download and print from your online Tesla account. Sign in, Manage button then ‘View details’ . They require the 7 page MVPA document with page 4 signed by you and your sales rep on the day of pickup. You should have this.

I emailed [email protected] following up on my car and charger application on Feb 14th (replying to my original submission)

I received the response back from [email protected] via Ashley on Feb 15th:

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that the Ministry has your EHVIP application and its being processed. Please note the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) has experienced significant uptake that have impacted application processing and payment timelines. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and we have reviewed all applications submitted and only complete, compliant applicants can be processed and approved for payment. We will be contacting you by the end of February if your application is missing information. Approved applications are processed for payment. If there has been a change in the address listed on the application, please notify MTO as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued patience,
Ashley
EHVIP Team​

I received a response back from [email protected] on Feb 19th.

As per the EVC application, there has been a high volume of applications in recent months, processing timeframes have lengthened.
Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and each application is reviewed for completeness and compliance.
The Ministry is working very hard and making best efforts to complete application processing by March 31 2019.

Hope this helps someone.

Yes, this is very helpful you submitted on Sept 10th and I did on Sept 19th so I remain hopeful that mine will be processed soon.

I have included a sample on my reply to someone else on Feb 4, page 45. You can take a look