Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I sent my application on:
  • Sept 18, 2018 - application
  • Jan 20, 2019 - reached out to the Ombudsman
  • Jan 21, 2019 - got back a reply from them asking for my consent
  • Jan 23, 2019 - they submitted an inquiry to the Ministry
  • Feb 4, 2019 - I followed up with them
  • Feb 5, 2019 - My rep says he is continuing to follow up with MTO
  • Feb 13, 2019 - He replied an said, "The Ministry indicated your application was received and is pending to be process"
I will follow-up again in early March if I hear nothing further....

Looks like everyone has good news today, I just got the email that said my application has been approved .

Yah, odd for sure but not surprising. They are clearly not following the first come first served mantra. Maybe they are prioritizing applications submitted by dealers?

Well in my case (June 5) they clearly missed the bill of sale THAT WAS IN THE ORIGINAL EMAIL and when I re-forwarded my original email, they said great it's approved. They also didn't tell me there was an issue, I had to pry it out of them with several emails to different email addresses.

That was over 3 weeks ago. :confused:

8 Mth Timeline:

2018-06-16 - Model 3 purchase agreement signed
2018-06-17 - Rebate (EHVIP) application submitted and confirmation email received

2019-02-01 - I email evip @ ontario.ca to inquire about status of application
2019-02-05 - Response from EHVIP asking me to re-send, by email, the original application as they can't locate it
2019-02-06 - I email evip @ ontario.ca the original application including every attachment
2019-02-06 - Response from evip indicating they've received it
2019-02-19 - Response from evip stating the application has been approved for payment
2019-02-26 - Rebate cheque received in Canada Post

Cheque deposit attempt (at TD branch in Ottawa) resulted in a long delay where 2 pieces of ID were checked and phone call(s) made. I was told that the cheque would be held for 5 days as this is an unusual amount for the Gov't of Ontario and the callback verification system was not working. After further discussion the hold was removed when I told them that the funds were to be used for an RRSP contribution.

This last bit at the bank left me wondering if others had any difficulty with a Gov't of Ontario cheque verification OR if it was just me with my own banking/credit/history, etc.

8 Mth Timeline:

2018-06-16 - Model 3 purchase agreement signed
2018-06-17 - Rebate (EHVIP) application submitted and confirmation email received

2019-02-01 - I email evip @ ontario.ca to inquire about status of application
2019-02-05 - Response from EHVIP asking me to re-send, by email, the original application as they can't locate it
2019-02-06 - I email evip @ ontario.ca the original application including every attachment
2019-02-06 - Response from evip indicating they've received it
2019-02-19 - Response from evip stating the application has been approved for payment
2019-02-26 - Rebate cheque received in Canada Post

Cheque deposit attempt (at TD branch in Ottawa) resulted in a long delay where 2 pieces of ID were checked and phone call(s) made. I was told that the cheque would be held for 5 days as this is an unusual amount for the Gov't of Ontario and the callback verification system was not working. After further discussion the hold was removed when I told them that the funds were to be used for an RRSP contribution.

This last bit at the bank left me wondering if others had any difficulty with a Gov't of Ontario cheque verification OR if it was just me with my own banking/credit/history, etc.

Mine is being held for five days regardless due to mobile deposit. I suppose I should call to speed it up with the RRSP note. Thanks for the great idea :)

Got an email stating they needed more info on mine before approval to confirm it was the long range version. Had to send the "vehicle configuration" form. Good thing I kept all the paperwork close at hand. Let's see how long approvals take now for me :-(

Got an email today as well asking for bill of sale with configuration info. Not sure why as it was provided in the original application like many others. Regardless, sent them the info anyway. Just glad to hear from them and knowing the rebate was being processed.

Got an email stating they needed more info on mine before approval to confirm it was the long range version. Had to send the "vehicle configuration" form. Good thing I kept all the paperwork close at hand. Let's see how long approvals take now for me :-(