Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email today as well asking for bill of sale with configuration info. Not sure why as it was provided in the original application like many others. Regardless, sent them the info anyway. Just glad to hear from them and knowing the rebate was being processed.
Same here. I resent the documents from the ORIGINAL email back to them that had everything they were asking for... Smh

June 9th I applied
Sent follow-up e-mails in August and in January.
March 1- received that it was missing information:

---
Information Required

1) A copy of your vehicle’s original bill of sale.

2) A copy of your vehicle’s ownership (Green registration paper) including both the plate portion and vehicle portion.
---

I attached the "Tesla Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" - is that the bill of sale?

Also attached a copy of the "Plate" ownership. What is the "Vehicle portion" of the ownership?

June 9th I applied

---
Information Required

2) A copy of your vehicle’s ownership (Green registration paper) including both the plate portion and vehicle portion.
---

I attached the "Tesla Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" - is that the bill of sale?

Also attached a copy of the "Plate" ownership. What is the "Vehicle portion" of the ownership?

If you look at your green vehicle ownership the left side printed in the black bar reads;

PERMIT - VEHICLE PORTION

Right side reads:

PERMIT - PLATE PORTION

Your original bill of sale is the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). Sign into yout Tesla account, hit 'Manage'. Bottom right is the link to your MVPA. Just send them the whole thing again to avoid another delay. They have been losing crap.

If you look at your green vehicle ownership the left side printed in the black bar reads;

PERMIT - VEHICLE PORTION

Right side reads:

PERMIT - PLATE PORTION

Your original bill of sale is the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). Sign into yout Tesla account, hit 'Manage'. Bottom right is the link to your MVPA. Just send them the whole thing again to avoid another delay. They have been losing crap.

Thanks, excellent info! I had submitted the full ownership (didn't look at the black bar), and a copy of the print-out of the Tesla Vehicle Purchase Agreement, that is close but not exactly the same as the online one - did not have the "MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT Final Price Sheet" page. Downloaded & resubmitted... I will assume all goes well & report if it doesn't.

Thanks, excellent info! I had submitted the full ownership (didn't look at the black bar), and a copy of the print-out of the Tesla Vehicle Purchase Agreement, that is close but not exactly the same as the online one - did not have the "MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT Final Price Sheet" page. Downloaded & resubmitted... I will assume all goes well & report if it doesn't.

IMPORTANT: They need the page of the MVPA that is signed by both you and the Tesla rep. The online version doesnt have the signatures, only your original.

After I sent the info they requested in their email, they responded the next day to say I'm in the payment queue which will take minimum 3 weeks... guess that means end of March.

Well, that's what I was expecting from I submitted my application last year, so ultimately not that far off.

Are cheques arriving via regular snail mail? Wondering how many will get lost. I’ve received my neighbour’s mail many times... and when I say “neighbour”, I mean on the next street. You’d think $14k would deserve some sort of tracked delivery service.

Are cheques arriving via regular snail mail? Wondering how many will get lost. I’ve received my neighbour’s mail many times... and when I say “neighbour”, I mean on the next street. You’d think $14k would deserve some sort of tracked delivery service.

Yes, snail mail.
Yes, some of my important/critical mail has been mis-directed/mis-delivered (sometimes permanently). This was my #1 fear when the new MTO decided to switch from direct deposit to mailed cheques. My #2 fear was they would have "lost" my application. This fear came true but I re-sent the application and then they processed that.

Tracked delivery incurs some overhead expense that, I'm assuming, the MTO did not wish to incur.

Yes, snail mail.
Yes, some of my important/critical mail has been mis-directed/mis-delivered (sometimes permanently). This was my #1 fear when the new MTO decided to switch from direct deposit to mailed cheques. My #2 fear was they would have "lost" my application. This fear came true but I re-sent the application and then they processed that.

Tracked delivery incurs some overhead expense that, I'm assuming, the MTO did not wish to incur.

Ugh. On the subject of overhead expenses, direct deposit is presumably less expensive than issuing paper cheques. And if they have to issue paper cheques, I’d gladly allow them to take off $20 or whatever from my $14k for XpressPost next day delivery. Sigh.

Reactions: Bytor
Ugh. On the subject of overhead expenses, direct deposit is presumably less expensive than issuing paper cheques. And if they have to issue paper cheques, I’d gladly allow them to take off $20 or whatever from my $14k for XpressPost next day delivery. Sigh.

Direction to from the top to make it as cumbersome as possible and then blame it on the Liberals at the next election (tin hat mode).

What a pleasant surprise when I received an email from MTO while in a cruise last Tuesday. I didn't expect to hear from them until much later. It's basically the same email everyone received about the payment confirmation. It's especially nice since I am in the Dec group and don't expect to get paid until much later. Sweet and plus 26 degree. LOL

Received an e-mail after responding to the missing info that it has been sent for payment, 3+ weeks.

June 9th I applied

---
Information Required

---

I was part of the group of people who ordered then cancelled the order because of the original wind down of the rebate program, but then got a second chance when Tesla won their case in court. My original order date was June 21, 2018, I then cancelled and was contacted by Tesla I could re-order by Nov 30, 2018 which I did. Delivery was on Dec 7 and I submitted my paperwork on Jan 7 2019. On Feb 26 I received my approval email from the government that states payment should be received within 10-15 business days. I am now waiting for the check. It seemed unusually fast and I am wondering if it had something to do with the court case brought by Tesla against the government.

Finally Now the question is will it be a Y or the SR3.

Attachments

• 15518228030344141627411755402066.jpg
    15518228030344141627411755402066.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: akaluana
I was part of the group of people who ordered then cancelled the order because of the original wind down of the rebate program, but then got a second chance when Tesla won their case in court. My original order date was June 21, 2018, I then cancelled and was contacted by Tesla I could re-order by Nov 30, 2018 which I did. Delivery was on Dec 7 and I submitted my paperwork on Jan 7 2019. On Feb 26 I received my approval email from the government that states payment should be received within 10-15 business days. I am now waiting for the check. It seemed unusually fast and I am wondering if it had something to do with the court case brought by Tesla against the government.

No, it's because the fiscal year end is March 31. They like to clear the book.